Modify Multileader Styles: Custom Content Block: LOCATION

CivilPrice

I have created a custom set of construction callout to use with the Multileaders.

I dont know if its just a Monday or what, but where are the blocks stored??? I mapped their location in the work support path and I inserted the blocks into the drawing but when I go to select them from the "Select Custom Content Block" drop down they are not in there???

Where are these block files coming from? How do I map my autocad to bring up these blocks?

I am making a custom multileader.

I go to MLEADERSTYLE.

CONTENT tab

Multileader type: Block

Block Options\

Source block: User Block....

Select Custom Content Block: (dialog box)

Select from Drawing Blocks: HOW DO I GET MY CUSTOM BLOCKS TO SHOW UP ON THIS LIST??????

I have done this before... and if the block was inserted into the drawing and on the block list, it would show up here as well. I dont know if something is mapped differently because this is a new job, but I need to know how to get all of my custom blocks to show up in these lists...

HOW DO I GET MY CUSTOM BLOCKS TO SHOW UP ON THIS LIST??????

AFAIK -

The only way for your Block(s) to be available for use as a custom Leader, or MLeader, is for a valid Black definition (a BlockTableRecord) to exist within the Blocks Collection (BlockTable).

This is the part I thought I knew... I inserted my custom blocks into the drawing. I can see them on the list of blocks when I type, BLOCK, or INSERT, however, they do not show up in the list of blocks for the mleaderstyle list....???

This is the part I thought I knew... I inserted my custom blocks into the drawing. I can see them on the list of blocks when I type, BLOCK, or INSERT, however, they do not show up in the list of blocks for the mleaderstyle list....???

... And what happens when you select Block for Multileader type, and then select User Block... at the bottom of the Source block dropdown? :unsure:

at the bottom of the list is a block called XTREE. I tried saving, closing the drawing, reopening, purge all, reinsert the block I want, try to make a new mleader with custom block and it is still not on the list???? I tried mapping my support paths to where the block drawing is located... ?????

What else could I try?

I cannot even find where any of these other blocks on the list are located. I have opened every single path in the options/file menu and cannot locate any of the other blocks on the drop down list either??? I dont know where these blocks are even coming from...

Could it have something to do with the block being annotative? or some sort of other conflict with annotative properties?

How can I have a block in the drawing, yet that same block is not on the list for the MLEADERSTYLE ????? this is insane... I have done this on 2009??? I made a whole set of custome multileader blocks for all of the construction notes... What has changed from 2009 to 2013???

it must have been something about the way I was making the blocks???? I made a new block from scratch and it worked just fine... AutoCAD... its a slippery slope, without the ladder of knowledge.

Thanks for the input BLACKBOX, You are a wicked nice user... You have a lot of input on every forum haha. I wish You could give classes hahaha.

Thanks for the input BLACKBOX, You are a wicked nice user... You have a lot of input on every forum haha. I wish You could give classes hahaha.

That is kind of you to say, CivilPrice; I'm happy to help... I'm glad you got it sorted.

CivilPrice, One issue that I have seen when using blocks with multileaders is that if the block is too big for the Multileader object they are there but not displayed. From what you said it looks as if the new block that you created was of an acceptable size, but it could be that the other blocks are not. You could try just inserting one of the blocks in the normal way and see how big it is, or try enlarging your Multileader object and see if they then appear. I'm not on an AutoCAD machine today so I can't test it out and I'm speaking just from memory.

If you have it sorted out then that's good, but it would be nice to know what caused the problem.

It just seems with every version there are more and more variables and options and I overlook the simple issues in my trouble shooting.

Thanks for the input!