list, nlist

nativedog

I came across this command in another office they had called nlist that activated the attached screen in Autocad 2013 MEP. I initially thought it was an out of box command but have found it wasn't. It's very helpful in isolating an object that is in an xref'd drawing to either freeze it or change lineytpe, etc.. Does anyone know how I can recreate?

nlist.jpg

Does it actually change the layer in the source XREF, or just the displayed Layer settings in the current drawing (for the XREFed layer)?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, not sure if you can still help me but I'm still looking to recreate this command. I use it in the current drawing but it is capable of working on any object in the drawing not just those on x'refed layers.

Your best bet, IMO, is to contact a friend from your previous employer, and ask them to provide the necessary source-code files (if they're even legally allowed to do so).

I cannot speak for others, but just being honest with you... Recreating something so robust, for free, here in the forums, is unlikely to happen given the lack of needed information.

If hiring a developer is something you're open to, that's great, myself or others here would be happy to contract with you on this project, just be sure if you do end up hiring someone that they're adept at coding in .NET given that like Civil 3D, MEP is a vertical application with very little of it's native APIs exposed to Visual LISP (ActiveX COM).

Sorry I cannot be of more help to you here... Good luck! :beer:

I could use that tool. If you find out it is publicly available or can be distributed freely, please let us know how to get it.