problem scaling objects in dynamic block

jaff

I have two "drawing title" lines in my block when I use the, stretch, move, scale parameter the attributes lose the position (the drawing titles lines are stacked) and will not scale with the rest of the objects. I tried all tricks that I could possibly think of but no success.

maybe LT2012 has a bug that does not allow me do this correctly?

Thank you,

LT 2012 User

Windows 7 professional

Drawing_or_Detail Title.dwg

Scaling Problem 1.jpg

Two problems, one is attributes are tricky beasts, so tie them down to a point and tell them they can only move when the point moves, and add the point to the scaled action.

The second is they both had the same name.

See if the attached works.

EDIT..... You can get rid of the new point and move action, I added those before noticing the attribute names, and it is the same names that caused your problems.

Drawing_or_Detail Title.dwg

Drawing Title Test 1.dwgSteven,

I follow the steps you mentioned and looked at what you did, however my block does not behave the same way as your. see attached.

Also in a block when editing attributes what is the trick that when you double click in the attribute it takes you to the right prompt, for example when I double click in line 2 always takes me to line 1. How do I make the block or attribute recognize the line I want to modify?

Thank you,

Edited by jaff
forgot attachement

Jaff,

sorry I can't check it again untill Monday. Did you delete the point and move action, they are unnecessary (but shouldn't stop it working). One thing I do remember is that I had to delete any old blocks in the drawing because they don't update to have the new tag names, an existing block keeps the tags with the same names and doesn't work as expected, I had to insert the block again once the changes where made.

Steven,

No I did not delete the point and move action, and I did start from scratch making new tags and new block. I have no idea why it doesn't work. Thanks.

The block in the drawing you posted still uses the old block definition (if you click on the block and look at the properties you can see the attributes still have the same name). Delete the block, and then insert a new one, it worked ok for me, the point and move action shouldn't make any difference, but they are surplus.

Steven,

Thank you so much for your help, I did start from scratch in new drawing with out coping and pasting any texts, or polylines and it worked fine. Thank you again.