Sticky lines when using CO and M commands: MAC

djleon

Hello. Something new for me....

1. When I attempt to COPY or MOVE an object that has a line attached to it the line also moves with it. It seems as though AutoCAD is considering them as one unit instead of separate objects. This is especially frustrating when using lines to mark Datum placements.

2. Also, I notice that the above occurs when moving objects, but instead of moving a line with the selection it stretches it. I must have an option selected, but would like to change that.

Can you help? Thank you for your time!

RobDraw, thank you for the information, but I was unable to access FASTSEL or FSMODE in the command line and am not sure why. I am using 2012 for MAC.

Screen shot 2013-06-28 at 10.36.42 AM.jpg Fire_Col, As the tiny picture shows. The window movement lines (which are a block) are "sticking" to the window frame lines. When I attempt to MOVE (not COPY) the lines they are stretched, reminding me of spider webs. I hope that clarifies the problem and that you can see the picture.

FASTSEL wasn't the answer now that I'm seeing the picture. It looks like that endpoint is anchored somehow. I've never used that feature but I'm pretty sure it is available. I don't have easy access to AutoCAD at the moment to check it out for you, though.

What is that little symbol next to your crosshairs?

"What is that little symbol next to your crosshairs?"...It looks like a center pick-point you would see on a datum. Two Squares attached by their corners.

It could be a clue. Is it there before you start moving the swing area? I'm thinking, that symbol indicates a special condition of some sort. AutoCAD uses little icons like that to indicate things like a locked layer or annotative objects.

It appears after the command M, selecting object, then the base point. So, it shows up at select base point and not before.

• 2 weeks later...
What is that little symbol next to your crosshairs?

I might be a little late with my input here but to me it looks like the 'envelope' icon that shows when you override ORTHO setting with the shift key on a windows PC.

I might be a little late with my input here but to me it looks like the 'envelope' icon that shows when you override ORTHO setting with the shift key on a windows PC.

nice tip i didn't know. cheers :D