Inserting Blocks

lazydwoodworks

Ok this is driving me nuts. When inserting certain blocks that were created in the 0 layer, they are not taking on the color of the layer in which I insert them.

Now when I click on the object, it shows up as being on the correct layer but the object is still white, I ran into something like this before, and was able to fix it by going into the Block Editor and setting the layer in there. This only happens on certain blocks. Thanks

Did you check the setting for color? In other words, is it set to "ByLayer" or is it actually set to "white"? It should be "ByLayer".

Yep, there's a color override on the objects inside the block. Set them to "Bylayer" and they will inherit the properties of the Layer the block is on.

Yep, there's a color override on the objects inside the block. Set them to "Bylayer" and they will inherit the properties of the Layer the block is on.
Another possibility to watch out for is making an object's color ByBlock. It will be white as well, until it is inside a block that is inserted with a color other than ByBlock. A Block inserted with color ByBlock can also appear white.