zoom extents

slugula

CAD-Newbie working in paper space zoomed in close. I want to return to page extents but am zoomed in so close I can't click outside paper space to move view control toolbar to model space. is there a simple key command to perform this function?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Currahee

• ReMark

• RobDraw

• nestly

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It sounds like you may be working in a locked viewport. You can switch back to Paper Space by clicking on the MODEL/PAPER toggle on the Status bar. Zoom > Extents (double-click mouse wheel) If you need to unlock the viewport, activate the viewport by clicking inside it, then uncheck then toggle the lock icon on the status bar (next to the scale list)

Model-Paper.jpg

Welcome to CADTutor. :) Take a deep breath, then type Z, spacebar, E and hit ENTER. I personally use the double click on the mouse wheel approach suggested by nestly, and was thrilled when I learned it, but for some it is a bit difficult at first. Or you can access zoom from the right click shortcut menu. I am a little confused by the wording of your question, but surely either nestly, Dana or myself will have given you an answer that will get you back in the game. :beer: If Dana was right and you are working in a maximized paperspace viewport, all you need to type is PS before hitting ENTER, which is I believe the default alias for the PSPACE command. If you are actually in MODEL SPACE, then that command is not allowed.

Had this happen when paper space view point isn't locked and and clicked inside and zoomed perhaps that's what was asked ?

Had this happen when paper space view point isn't locked and and clicked inside and zoomed perhaps that's what was asked ?

Click inside the view-port again and type z (zoom) and e (extend). It should carry you to see all the drawing. Then you can scale it to your liking

For instance...if you type Z, S, then .01565xp it will give you a 3/16th scale; if you put in .08375xp it will give a 1in 12 scale

For instance...if you type Z, S, then .01565xp it will give you a 3/16th scale; if you put in .08375xp it will give a 1in 12 scale

Really? My calculator must be broken.

Really? My calculator must be broken.

thats what i have been using, as for other scale factors(along with a multitude of others) for years. You being a vet you know the difference of using x vs xp. But they are my calculations....please tell me if I am wrong

remember this is in Paperspace I am goin by

tell you what to do... got to AutoCAD, draw a 50'x50' square then in paperspace give it a scale of .01565xp and set your plotter for a 24x36 and after it's plotted tell me if 3/16 doesn't equal a foot by a architectural scale?

Please tell me if I am wrong because there are a bunch of houses that are built out of dimension if I am wrong

You have to also take into account the accuracy and the calibration of your(or mine) plotter. But that is something you and your plotter have to have a discussion about...LOL

I don't see why anyone using a product after Release 14 would still be sizing viewports with the Zoom > Scale > nXP option unless the scale is not standard. As far as I know 3/16" is still a standard architectural scale and it can be found on the scalelist.

I don't have to tell you that you are wrong. The numbers do it themselves.

3/16" = 1'-0"

3/16" = 12"

0.1875" = 12"

0.015625 = 1

I find it easier using fractions.

0.015625 = 1/64 so I type "z (enter) , s (enter), 1/64xp

1" = 12"

0.08333333333 = 1

So, I would use 1/12xp.

I wouldn't worry about your houses. Your numbers were off by so little that it wouldn't be reflected on paper. Plus, if your plans were properly dimensioned. No one would have to put a scale to paper.

I don't see why anyone using a product after Release 14 would still be sizing viewports with the Zoom > Scale > nXP option unless the scale is not standard. As far as I know 3/16" is still a standard architectural scale and it can be found on the scalelist.

I don't have to tell you that you are wrong. The numbers do it themselves.

3/16" = 1'-0"

3/16" = 12"

0.1875" = 12"

0.015625 = 1

I find it easier using fractions.

0.015625 = 1/64 so I type "z (enter) , s (enter), 1/64xp

1" = 12"

0.08333333333 = 1

So, I would use 1/12xp.

I wouldn't worry about your houses. Your numbers were off by so little that it wouldn't be reflected on paper. Plus, if your plans were properly dimensioned. No one would have to put a scale to paper.

I know the numbers dont add up...but on my output...this is what it takes to be dead-balls accurate. Some of my contractors want them to dead on, esp w/36x48. Funny thing is these numbers have been accurate in my r14 thru my plotter til v2012 and to the people where I am now am farming all my plot work out too.

It doesn't matter to me, but when my clients wants it dead accurate with a 1/8 or 3/16 scale, I have to make adjustments to make sure its right

If your clients aren't complaining then you must be doing something right. Right?

Thats right.....When it comes out of that plotter it has to be accurate

That is not entirely true unless you are using a flatbed plotter. Rolled paper stretches and is adversely affected by temperature and humidity.