Navis and AMEP 2014

idllc

Is anyone having any issues with AMEP 2014 Ductwork and NavisWorks Manage 2014?

I append my working CAD file while routing ductwork to coordinate with steel and such. 2014 is now having very loooonnnnggggg "refresh" time in navis for files that are actually small....

It doesn't seem to be a Navis thing because I have the same issue with the 2014 CAD file in 2013 Navis....

hmm, I don't notice a difference between 13 and 14. They both take a long time. :-). Lately I have just been doing an nwcout from autocad and load that into my navis drawing. It is faster to create the nwc that way then just refreshing the dwg and having navisworks create the nwc.

I think I have discovered my problem.....

Navis seems to now read a lot more "data" (MVpart content and scheduling info... etc...).

I "unchecked" the boxes under the following: OPTIONS EDITOR / FILE READERS / DWG-DXF / CONVERT OBJECT PROPERTIES, then uncheck all the items under this dialog.....

this brought back the refresh performance.... (what was taking 3 or 4 minuets, now takes 15 seconds to refresh...).....

thanks.

• 3 months later...

I see this thread is a bit on the old side... I hope I could get a rise here... We have discovered an issue with exporting NWC files from AutoCAD MEP 2014. MEP Structural Members nested within an XRef export, but display as a single line in NWNavigator. ALL other MEP Objects nested within an XRef do not export. They do not show up in NWNavigator or in Navisworks Manage 2014. Autodesk has confirmed this to be an issue. ARE YOU NOT SEEING THIS DEFECT?

NOW this is under Service Pack 1 in both AutoCAD MEP, Navisworks Manage and Exporter plugins. I haven't yet looked at pre Service Pack 1 versions.