Text Issue: Plotting "W" & "M"

Hello,

So whenever I plot a drawing the W's and M's are slightly stretched. Regardless of font. So far I have only noticed it among a few drawings in the same project.

TEXT.jpg

Thoughts?

Update:

I plotted it to a different printer and the same thing happened. So it seems that it is a CAD issue versus a printer issue.

I also noticed that letters, A, V, and N are also have the same problem.

Yes, please.

Does the plot preview show normal? What about DWG to PDF?

What is the best way to upload the dwg? I could DropBox it and post the link....

Plot preview shows the discrepancy as well as the PDF plot.

Remove everything, but the text from a copy of the drawing, -PURGE the drawing and upload using the "Go Advanced" button on lower right of reply box, then "Manage Attachments".

Yes, please.

Does the plot preview show normal? What about DWG to PDF?

I don't want to be rude and jump in here, but I may have some insight, just not sure it is correct.

I have the same thing happening at work with AutoCAD 2008 LT, preview, pdf and paper.

Do you think it has anything to do with the Line End Style? Our Drafting Coordinator insists we use "Mitered" Line end styles. Unfortunately this end style has the same spiking effect on my object corners as the "W" and "M" points mentioned above.

On very close examination, I can see that my line plotted thickness on paper and preview, run past the true end point of the line by half a lineweight thickness. this results in an overlapping "miter" that looks like scissors.

I much prefer the 'round' line end type, especially since most of my linework is thin enough to make the corners seem razor sharp anyway.

Are truetype fonts affected by line properties? If so it may be as simple as changing the line end style to something other than mitered. We use the font "ArchQuick" at work, and it is particularly ugly in many ways, but its 'points' seem to get stretched way up above the rest of the letters, say 10% or so stretch. I may have an example here at home on my laptop. I will have to go look, and bring it back later. The stretched corners of my font appear very much the same as my overlapping 'mitered' line corners, so I wonder.

If that is the case after all, I may change my end types and just not tell anybody, even if somebody tells me my plots are cleaner than most.:twisted:

I find it hard to believe a few lines of text can be too large to post here. Did you run -PURGE?

I am unable to get a dropbox file.

I find it hard to believe a few lines of text can be too large to post here. Did you run -PURGE?

I am unable to get a dropbox file.

Yes, I did. I cleaned some stuff out and got it down

Try this:

Text Problem.dwg

No problems seen here with your drawing either on screen or in a print.

Have you had you eyes checked lately?:lol: Yes, I'm kidding.