Insert wire color/gauge lables popup

JBS1959

AutoCAD 2013.

Insert wire color/gauge lables popup.

On the popup there is a setup button. Clicking this button you get another popup.

"Wire color/gauge lables setup"

At the bottom there is a text layer pull down where you can set the desired layer for the text.

My issue is after I set this to the layer I want, it works great but after shutting down ACADE or opening another ACADE it goes back to the layer that was there.

How can I set the layer I want as the default?

Is there a color designator incorporated in the layer name itself? For example a layer name like: BLK_14AWG. If so is it the BLK (in my example) that you are changing that doesn't remain permanent?

This just about the lable, it has nothing to do with wire layers. The layer it keeps defaulting to is called MISC and the color is white.

Several items are using this layer; the layer I created "Gauge" is just for the wire gauge lable and is yellow.

That's why I don't use layer MISC, I don't want the other items to be yellow, but I do want the wire gauge lable to be yellow.

I can't find how to set my "Gauge" layer as default.

I believe in order to make the change permanent you have to change a setting in your title block. Hope this helps a little