Discipline
    Multi-disciplinary
    tmelancon's Discipline Details
    Occupation
    CAD Operations/Design
    Discipline
    Multi-disciplinary
    Details
    CAD Design, CAD Management, Project Management, ISO Drawings, Pressure Vessels, Inspection Reports, Data Analysis, Work Scope Recommendations, Troubleshooting, and anything else the boss needs to maximize efficiency. Also proficient in Electrical Engineering/Lighting Design and LEED Green Energy
    Using
    AutoCAD 2015

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

Oh I totally agree! I am not disagreeing, I actually thank you for your comments and valuable input. I just fear that by resetting the profile it will basically "forget" everything we have been repairing, or "tailoring" to how we like things and how we do things... What do you think? I can save down a current copy of my profile but that doesn't necessarily carry EVERYTHING over from this station... I just would hate to have to spend a half day retyping variables and setting the station back up to how we have it now.

But I do understand your philosophy on a quick reset how "most" of the time that solves the solution. I just wish we could pin point this issue
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

Using
    AutoCAD 2013
    At the confluence of worthlessness & invaluability

Quote Originally Posted by tmelancon View Post
    Oh I totally agree! I am not disagreeing, I actually thank you for your comments and valuable input. I just fear that by resetting the profile it will basically "forget" everything we have been repairing, or "tailoring" to how we like things and how we do things... What do you think? I can save down a current copy of my profile but that doesn't necessarily carry EVERYTHING over from this station... I just would hate to have to spend a half day retyping variables and setting the station back up to how we have it now.

But I do understand your philosophy on a quick reset how "most" of the time that solves the solution. I just wish we could pin point this issue
    Enter SYSVDLG and hit ENTER. At the bottom of the dialog box you will see the button to Save All, as an .svf (system variable file) to assist you in resetting your variable settings should you need to,
    It is always a good idea to have it, because things just have a way of happening.
    Attached Images
    Volume and repetition do not validate opinions forged in the absence of thought.

Computer Details
    rkent's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    WIN7 PRO 64bit
    Computer:
    Dell OptiPlex 7020
    CPU:
    i7 4790 3.6GHz
    RAM:
    16GB, 1600MHz, DDR3 non-ECC 2x8GB
    Graphics:
    AMD Radeon 2GB
    Primary Storage:
    Samsung 480Gb SSD
    Monitor:
    Dell 24" FS (2x)
    Discipline
    Mechanical
    rkent's Discipline Details
    Occupation
    Facilities Design - Semi-conductor manufacturing
    Discipline
    Mechanical
    Details
    Designer: Process Piping, P&ID's, Machine Part Design, Planning / General Arrangement. Facilities Management. Drafting: Electrical, Controls, Architectural.
    Using
    Mechanical 2017

This sounds more like a keyboard or windows setting problem. What keyboard are you all using?
    Sometimes there's a man... I won't say a hero, 'cause, what's a hero? But sometimes, there's a man. And I'm talkin' about the Dude here. Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's the Dude, in Los Angeles. - The Stranger, The Big Lebowski

Computer Details
    tmelancon's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 Professional
    Computer:
    Dell Optiplex 7010
    CPU:
    i3-3220 Processor (Quad Core, 3.30GHz)
    RAM:
    8GB
    Graphics:
    HD2500 Graphics
    Primary Storage:
    500GB
    Secondary Storage:
    2TB External Backup
    Monitor:
    Dual Dell 27" Monitors!!
    Discipline
    Multi-disciplinary
    Occupation
    CAD Operations/Design
    Discipline
    Multi-disciplinary
    Details
    CAD Design, CAD Management, Project Management, ISO Drawings, Pressure Vessels, Inspection Reports, Data Analysis, Work Scope Recommendations, Troubleshooting, and anything else the boss needs to maximize efficiency. Also proficient in Electrical Engineering/Lighting Design and LEED Green Energy
    Using
    AutoCAD 2015

Hey rkent thanks for chiming in, the keyboard and mouse came with the setup from Dell. We are using Dell Optiplex 7010 with Dell KM632 Wireless keyboard and mouse.

I use a different mouse [wired Microsoft Optical] with more buttons for different features but they all use the provided keyboard and mouse.

Update from my guys!: Now all 3 of my CAD guys computers are functioning properly and are not having the issue. WEIRD!
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 Professional
    Computer:
    Dell Optiplex 7010
    CPU:
    RAM:
    8GB
    Graphics:
    HD2500 Graphics
    Primary Storage:
    500GB
    Secondary Storage:
    2TB External Backup
    Monitor:
    Dual Dell 27" Monitors!!
    Discipline
    Multi-disciplinary
    Occupation
    CAD Operations/Design
    Discipline
    Multi-disciplinary
    Details
    Using
    AutoCAD 2015

Hey Dadgad,

Thanks for that reminder! I tweaked a bunch of variables and stuff and completely disregarded the fact that there is a SAVE ALL button.

I guess this is what happens when you have a zillion things going on at once at the office! PROPS!

Computer Details
    ReMark's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
    Computer:
    Thinkmate
    Motherboard:
    Intel DX58SO2 LGA1366 X58
    CPU:
    Intel i7-960 Quad-core 3.20GHz 8MB cache
    RAM:
    12GB (3x4GB) PC3-106000 DDR3
    Graphics:
    nVidia Quadro K4200, 4GB GDDR5
    Primary Storage:
    150GB Velocipraptor 10,000 rpm
    Secondary Storage:
    none
    Monitor:
    Dell P24LLH - 24" wide screen LCD
    Discipline
    See details...
    ReMark's Discipline Details
    Occupation
    CAD Draftsman/Designer...chemical manufacturing.
    Discipline
    See details below.
    Details
    I work for a specialty chemical manufacturer. I do a little bit of everything from P&IDs to civil to architectural and structural.
    Using
    AutoCAD 2018

Sounds like someone spiked the company water cooler with a hallucinogenic substance.
    "I have only come here seeking knowledge. Things they wouldn't teach me of in college." The Police

Eat brains...gain more knowledge!

I'm now a full member of the Society for the Promotion of Mediocrity in CAD. Standards? We don't need no stinkin' standards! Take whatever advice I offer and do the opposite.

Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 Professional
    Computer:
    Dell Optiplex 7010
    CPU:
    RAM:
    8GB
    Graphics:
    HD2500 Graphics
    Primary Storage:
    500GB
    Secondary Storage:
    2TB External Backup
    Monitor:
    Dual Dell 27" Monitors!!
    Discipline
    Multi-disciplinary
    Occupation
    CAD Operations/Design
    Discipline
    Multi-disciplinary
    Details
    Using
    AutoCAD 2015

Thankfully the only thing that we drink around here is a Full Throttle Red Berry
    image.asp.jpg
    But I would agree that something is definitely going on here! Well I guess I will wait and see if they have issues again and try and target what they did prior to the issue resurfacing.

*scratches head*

Using
    AutoCAD 2013
    At the confluence of worthlessness & invaluability

Quote Originally Posted by ReMark View Post
    Sounds like someone spiked the company water cooler with a hallucinogenic substance.
    Where do you buy your bottled water?
    Volume and repetition do not validate opinions forged in the absence of thought.

Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 Professional
    Computer:
    Dell Optiplex 7010
    CPU:
    RAM:
    8GB
    Graphics:
    HD2500 Graphics
    Primary Storage:
    500GB
    Secondary Storage:
    2TB External Backup
    Monitor:
    Dual Dell 27" Monitors!!
    Discipline
    Multi-disciplinary
    Occupation
    CAD Operations/Design
    Discipline
    Multi-disciplinary
    Details
    Using
    AutoCAD 2015

LOL I understand what you guys must be thinking (what a bunch of crazy lunatics) but if I knew why our stations bug out like they do then I wouldn't need the forums to waste my time.. Haha

Anyways, they all said a quick shutdown solved the problem for now so I hope that does it.

I really do appreciate you guys and your input. Next time that happens, Ill have one of my guys plug in a different keyboard. Dell may have supplied us with recycled batteries and they may need changing.

Forum Newbie
    Discipline
    Multi-disciplinary
    slouviere's Discipline Details
    Occupation
    CAD Designer
    Discipline
    Multi-disciplinary
    Details
    Currently working with P&ID but also disciplined in Telecommunications.
    Using
    AutoCAD 2014

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

Hello, I'm one of the CAD guys that works alongside at the same company with tmelancon. I can confirm that it isn't the wireless keyboard. I plugged in my old Dell USB keyboard that I was using with CAD 2002 and the problem still occurs. I did realize, that the problem starts when i hit F9(GRID SNAP). Kind of seems like it occurs when I just get into a new dwg. Can the problem be that I'm leaving ACAD up and just closing out of the dwg to get into another one? Maybe it's trying to remember that last function I used and getting a little confused on what to do?