Removing unwanted grips in dynamic blocks

kArThIcK hAcKeR

Hi,

I have a dynamic block which consists of a number of hatches, polylines and texts.

The dynamic block has the property of being stretched and flipped.;)

Now the problem is that the normal grips which are being displayed for the normal lines, polylines and hatches are interfering with the stretch and flip grips. :?

Is there a way to make autocad show only the dynamic grips.:unsure:

Capture.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kArThIcK hAcKeR

• feargt

• nestly

• steven-g

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah

Type: op, in the dialogue box go to 'Selection', In the 'Grips' area uncheck 'Show grips within blocks', Apply.

This should sort your issue for you.

Ok. i tried UR METHOD Fire_col; :)

IT works but that's not what i expected. ;)

I looked at the "arrows" dynamic block which comes with the autocad. ;)

This block doesn't display the other grips rather than the dynamic grips.:huh:

can i do the same with my block

Capture.jpg

Edited by kArThIcK hAcKeR

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, guys8)

its been 2 weeks and i still didn't get any solution!!!:unsure:

can somebody help me with this dynamic block issue:glare:

I tried the "GRIPBLOCK" and changing the variable to 0; it suppressed the grips of all the blocks(normal block) in my drawing.

sometimes, i do need the grips for the normal block.

I would like my dynamic blocks to have the properties like Autocad's inbuilt dynamic blocks which are available in the tool palette,

below i have attached the drawing file & screen shots for reference.

:acad:

Cad Block.dwg

AutoCad's Block When Selected:

autocad_block_selected.png

AutoCad's Block when opened in block editor:

autocad_block_opened.jpg

My Block When Selected:

my_block_selected.jpg

My Block When Opened:

my_block_opened.jpg

As u can see from the above both the Autocad Block and My block has more than two grips.

yet, autocad block doesn't shoe the other grips rather than the dynamic grips.

does your block have attributes?

Can you post your block? so that we can look at it?

I have posted it, (4th post of this topic, 9th line; name=Cad Block.dwg)

:acad:Cad Block.dwg

and thanks for the immediate reply.

Edited by kArThIcK hAcKeR

I don't think this can be solved. The gripblock variable is the best you can get, the reason you are getting the different grip behavior is because your block contains text items (the second block doesn't). and it is these grips that are showing through. Your only option as far as I can see it would be to draw the arrows in your block instead of using text, unless anyone knows how to turn of text grips.

I don't think this can be solved. The gripblock variable is the best you can get, the reason you are getting the different grip behavior is because your block contains text items (the second block doesn't). and it is these grips that are showing through. Your only option as far as I can see it would be to draw the arrows in your block instead of using text, unless anyone knows how to turn of text grips.

@ steven:

No it is not the text,

because there is a dynamic block in autocad which contains text and doesn't display the other grips (check out the attachment below)

:acad:Cad Block 2.dwg

Enter gripblock on the command line and press enter.....what value is it currently? it should be 0

@ feargt:

I dont want to change the grip block variable as i have other normal blocks for which i require the grips to be displayed.

@ steven:

No it is not the text,

because there is a dynamic block in autocad which contains text and doesn't display the other grips (check out the attachment below)

They are attributes and not text and they behave differently

@ feargt:

I dont want to change the grip block variable as i have other normal blocks for which i require the grips to be displayed.

You dont actually have a choice here. Either the grips are displayed in all blocks or in no blocks. Decide which you want and set gripblock to the value required.

The original answer by Fire_Col was the correct solution here.

Why do you require the grips in other blocks to be displayed?

@ steven:

No it is not the text,

In this example what you see are attributes and not text objects. For some reason that I don't know text grips seem to behave differently

In this example what you see are attributes and not text objects. For some reason that I don't know text grips seem to behave differently

if the attribute position is locked (this is set in the properties of the attribute definition) then the grips will not be displayed, otherwise they are displayed and the user can move the attribute position without modifying the block definition.

edit. and that is idependant of the gripblock setting

The difference between grip display in your block vs the arrow block is the annotative property

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43127[/ATTACH]

whether it is annotative or not does not play a role here. The block posted is not annotative and I can control whether the grips are displayed or not purely by setting the variable "gripblock".

whether it is annotative or not does not play a role here. The block posted is not annotative and I can control whether the grips are displayed or not purely by setting the variable "gripblock".

The OP stated they did not want to change the GRIPBLOCK variable

That is correct, but if the OP did not know how to turn on and off the block grips, I would be wary about suggesting he use annotative blocks......

GRIPBLOCK was suggested in the 2nd post, and by my count referenced in 8 more posts thereafter. I would think they are well aware by now.

My post was a direct reply to why the OP's block shows grips, whereas the Sample block does not, and the answer is because one is an annotative block, and the other is not. I gave no advice about whether using an Annotative block would be appropriate for the OP's needs.

However, I would point out that the OP's block already contains Annotative objects even though the block itself is not Annotative. So now that we're on that subject, I would generally advise against having Annotative objects inside an Annotative block. Try to either make the Block annotative, or the the contents, not both.

However, I would point out that the OP's block already contains Annotative objects even though the block itself is not Annotative. So now that we're on that subject, I would generally advise against having Annotative objects inside an Annotative block. Try to either make the Block annotative, or the the contents, not both.

I spotted that but couldn't make out if it was causing any problems, I figured it was 'accidental' seeing as some items where annotative and some not.