Poor quality images copy and pasted

reggy

When I make a standard print of any object, I normally offer two or three views, I also include an isometric view of the object that I draw in a 3-D program, and I cut and paste a screen shot of that image into my Autocad file. I do this for the few of our Brothers who have a problem reading standard blueprints for their own reasons. After cut and paste, I find that the image quality is extremely poor, with ragged and unclear edges, I am not sure but I think the poor quality edges are called tesselation. Is there a solution to this condition?

Reggy

Image00661.JPG

It's an image and as such the quality can vary all over the place. Question is, why are you using another program to create the 3D model? Do it AutoCAD and extract the 2D views from it.

BTW...there appear to be a couple dimensions in the above image that have dimension geometry running right through them. Not a good practice.

It's the image size. The smaller the image is that is pasted into AutoCAD, the more pixilation you will see when it is enlarged. Whatever actual size the image is, that is what it will be in modelspace. Then, if you scale the image, or print it out larger than it actually is, the image pixels enlarges right along with the image.