Argh. Hatch in dynamic blocks with stretch action. Yesterday YES today NO

JADT

Hi all,

I foolishly thought i'd sorted making hatch work within a dynamic block that requires user input to set length and width of block...the hatch would fill to the revised size when the user sets the length and width in the properties dialogue...woohoo. Off I go home from work having defeated the nemesis of the day.

Open up my drawing today and can I get the hatch to act as it did yesterday? Oh nooo.

I built my block (a simple rectangle all told) added my parameters in block editor. length and width linear actions with 0 grips as I don't want stretching by grips. Added the stretch actions. Tested the block (without hatch)...working. Only then did I hatch, so into block editor and using associative, send to back, normal island detection and selecting the rectangle to hatch. tested block ...working. great. Inserted the block into new drawing...working.

Opened AutoCAD today...Not working...hatch remaining as original size

Tried building new block exactly as I did yesterday...no joy...

I'm stumped. Any thoughts, suggestions greatly received.

on a side note...it works if I leave grips on but only if I use the grips to activate the hatch (it still doesn't work by just typing into properties though) that's not going to cut it as I don't want to be telling everyone to wiggle the grips so to speak.

after u change the size of the rectangle have you tried doing a regen? I had a similar problem with a block and it just required a regen to update the hatch. I was doing it the same as you, using an associative hatch.

yes thanks, alas, regen & regenall even thought of sync via battman...but then realised didn't have any attributes.

Just writing up notes for users on using the block with dynamic input to avoid manual stretching of grips for now. Frustrating.

I'm thinking there may be some refresh/regen setting I haven't thought of...

not sure how to break the news to you... But, on my computer it works as it should!!! I do not need to do regen or anything

You see...this is what this software does to you...it just sits there and laughs at you and makes you look like a fool.

I should really check it out on the other machines also. Cheers for your replies.