Viewport Clipping

jaredmccullough

I am running into an issue when two viewports intersect. Typically the drawing is just a standard single viewport but I have a certain couple instances (drawings for a special part of the report) where I have made smaller viewports that overlap with the larger. Where they overlap as most know you can see the objects from the underneath viewport in the overlapping. I had been described a technique of clipping it away but being that this is only used in few circumstances I was looking to operate this more of a "Toggle" like option. I have assigned the "Viewport Frames" on a seperate layer in which can be toggled "ON" and "OFF" using the MVIEW on the frames to apply or unapply the viewports. But when I toggle off the viewports the clipping has removed the portions of the underneath viewport (as it should). Does anyone have a way to tell AutoCAD that when two viewports intersect the top one is not transparent of whats underneath??

Thanks

Viewport clipping is the way to go as AutoCAD won't do what you want. The command is VPCLIP. Take a look at it and let us know if you have any questions.

The trick is to create a region, and then create the viewport using the region as the clipping boundary...