5mm extra space in plot

rjvml91

Hi, I'm an Design student;

when i go to plot and A3 like this (or other size) I allways get those 5mm extra space in the four sides after the drawing. How do I get rid of it?

I always ask to plot it in a "Window" containing the drawing, usually they mark the "center the plot" option and "fit to paper".

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/4959/j6a8.png

This looks unprofissional because it messes with the real dimensions. :(

If you need to produce Commercial drawings, you have to create them using Autodesk software with a "Commercial" license. The Educational plotstamp identified the drawings as being created in part, or in whole with a Autodesk product licensed ONLY for Educational purposes.

Short answer; You can't remove it, nor should you need to.

Post an image of your plot settings.

Or...when you create the "window" pick the corners of your border and not the corners of the sheet.

BTW...I'd consider flipping the tub and toilet 180 degrees so that all the supply and drainage piping would be in one wall not two.

...I always ask to plot it in a "Window" containing the drawing, usually they mark the "center the plot" option and "fit to paper".

Professionals plot "Layout" 1:1 rather than the settings you indicate.

You have extra lines in your plot and your border does not appear to match your sheet.

Attach your file here for someone to help you set it up correctly.

If you set up your boarders/sheet/plot settings correctly in your template this is one thing you never have to worry about again.

Professionals plot "Layout" 1:1

Do not be taken in by this statement. There are plenty who plot otherwise with complete success.

"fit to paper" messes with the real dimensions.

I have amended your quote to make sense :lol:

Have you tried using "full bleed" paper sizes?

One would think that if a person is utilizing paper space layouts and scaled viewports then plotting the layout 1:1 would make complete sense.

rjvml91

If you are interested in the logic of 1:1 modelspace, 1:1 paper with scaled viewports, post back with your file attached.

Who has time for homework assignments, projects or studying? Students these days have more urgent demands on their time like Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare, YouTube, etc. No wonder our country is going to the dogs.