My drawing area is too big

Vagulus

I have started Brian Benton's tutorials and hit a problem on the second one, "Quick Run Thru". The problem is that the object drawn is too small on the screen to be useful. This was the result of drawing the 50x30 rectangle called for in the tutorial.

My First Rectangle17-07-2013 8-15-10 AM.jpg

What setting adjustment is required to show the rectangle as it appears in the tutorial - i.e. larger on the screen so I can do something with it.

Thanks

Hi and welcome to Cadtutor.

Do you have a wheel on your mouse? If so, move your mouse to the center of the obect, and roll the wheel away from you to "zoom" in.

There are other ZOOM tools, but if you don't have a wheel, or the wheel isn't working for "zoom" drawing in AutoCAD will be unnecessarily difficult.

Great! Feel free to post as often as you have questions.

BTW, holding down the middle button while moving the mouse causes the drawing to "pan"

You can double click the middle mouse button to zoom to the extent of the drawing. This will zoom you in as close as possible to the drawing.

If you are panning across a drawing, and for no reason it stops, then type in 'regen'. This will solve the panning issue 99% of the time. EDIT - This also applies for when zooming out or in a large distance.

Happy Cadding. :)

Edited by PotGuy
Additonal info

50x30 what? mm, in?

I think it's fair to say that they are "drawing units". The interpretation of those units is irrelevant to the OP's question.