issues when multiple drawings are opened (AutoCAD LT 2014 )

Mizarch

Hello,

Several of us in the office are having issues when we have multiple drawings open. There seems to be a delay and sometimes the programs freezes briefly. The icons at the lower right screen flicker while this is happening.

It's rather annoying to have to close a one file to work briefly on another or even to copy something from one drawing to another. I've tried starting over with fresh templates. That didn't help. Does anyone know what is going on and how to fix this?

Thanks.

I don't have LT, but have seen several reports of LT2014 "Flickering". A quick review seems to indicate a video driver issue and/or problem with the 2014 AecCore.crx file

I would read through this topic (discussion of the file begins at post #40)

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-LT/AutoCAD-LT-2014-Flickering-Issue/m-p/3921360#M113797

Yes, we have similar computers. Here are the specs on mine

Computer Model: Dell Precision M4700

Intel® Core™ i7-3840-QM CPU @ 2.8GHz

RAM: 16.0 GB

System Type: 64-bit

Intel® HD Graphics 4000

NVDIA Quadro K200m

Windows 7, Service Pack 1

I wonder if that has anything to do with the video driver issue that was made reference to in nestly's post?

Personally I recommend that laptops being used for CAD be fitted out with a dedicated graphics card and forego the use of the onboard graphics chip.

I had a chance to read through the whole post I previously linked to, and it seems to be the same issue, and no one has indicated that the AecCore.crx fix did not resolve the problem

I don't have LT, but have seen several reports of LT2014 "Flickering". A quick review seems to indicate a video driver issue and/or problem with the 2014 AecCore.crx file

I would read through this topic (discussion of the file begins at post #40)

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-LT/AutoCAD-LT-2014-Flickering-Issue/m-p/3921360#M113797

I changed the AecCore.crx to "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2014\AecCore.crx.old" It seems to be working for the moment. I'll have the others in my office try the same.

Thank you!

Great, make a log file somewhere documenting the manual change so you can remember what you did if Autodesk releases a hotfix / Service Pack.