change the color of the parts list - Mechanical 2012

corvettejrw

I know this seems basic and fundamental, but I cant seem to change the color of the grid of the parts list. I can change the text, but not the grid.

Capture1.JPG

Here is the dialog box which I have tried every combination possible:

Capture2.jpg

PLease help!

• 4 weeks later...

Of course, in the parts list's Properties, you can change the color to anything you want, but that will change all the colors to the same single color. In my case, that's fine because I want all lines and text to be black. But if you want text to be a different color than the lines, I'm not sure how to do that without leaving the lines as the default red color.

The only way I can seem to get the frame of the text box to print any color other than red is to set pen styles in plot settings. Adjusting the color in properties does not work.

You say it doesn't work for you, but if I open a new acad.dwt, then while currently on layer 0 I type AMPARTLIST, then press Enter, then press Enter again, then select the parts list (which is white border, red inner lines, yellow text at this point), and change the color from "By Layer" to any other color...the entire parts list changes to that color. I just tried it.