How do I control display of dimensions?

Having drawn this spacer for the tutorial I am following, I decided to add the dimensions. The dimension shown here is 200mm but you wouldn't know that.

Dimensions 20-07-2013 10-25-32 AM.jpg

How do I set the dimensions so I can see the arrowheads and read the text?

Talking about Dimensions is a real can of worms, as there are so many different ways and places to do them.

For the work I do, I prefer dimensioning in Paperspace.

There are plenty of knowledgable users on both sides of the 'how and where is it best to dimension fence'.

The easy answer would be to go into the DIMSTYLE dialog and modify the HEIGHT of text which is defined on the TEXT tab.

The arrow size, style and other such symbolic tweaks are done on the SYMBOLS & ARROWS tab.

You would do well to look through each of the tabs and familiarize yourself with some of the available options, as this will help you in the futre to better define a dimstyle which works for you, and suits your tastes.

adjusting dimension test height.JPG