A Dummy Question

anasshad

Hello, I'm starting out with Autocad and I have a little question that may sound a little dumb to you'll but is really troubling me. I'm using autocad 2004 and when I try to draw a line in feet, the line just goes out of the the screen and the screen just doesn't scroll. It works fine when it is around 1 or 2 feet, but just goes out of the page when i try to draw above 5 feet. Please help me with this.

I'm using autocad 2004 and when I try to draw a line in feet, the line just goes out of the the screen and the screen just doesn't scroll. It works fine when it is around 1 or 2 feet, but just goes out of the page when i try to draw above 5 feet. Please help me with this.

Double-Click the middle button (wheel)

why do we still have to do this?

Are you suggesting that the CAD software should predict the zoom level for the user? :unsure:

Are you suggesting that the CAD software should predict the zoom level for the user? :unsure:
No, that's not it. I definitely got the burn he was inferring to, and I chuckled when I read it, haha. It's just that AutoCAD has so many pitfalls that are very unnecessary. For instance in Revit, the drawing space doesn't get "stuck" when you're modeling or drafting, needing to initiate the REGEN command. If you reach the end of the monitor you can Pan or Zoom without issues. Current computer hardware is stout enough that drawing regeneration isn't necessary anymore. I'm no programmer but I wonder if it's just the aged DWG file format that still requires this outdated feature?