Screw Hole Threads

svrkjg

Hello All,

I'm very very new to solidworks. I have version 2013 Premium 64bit SP3. I'm in the process of going through some training using some videos I downloaded from the net. I draw very basic part currently with ACAD2014, rectangle parts mostly for machine products we manufacture. I was curious about SW so I started looking into it and now I like it. So here's my questions:

For practice only.

I created a part .88" wide by 1" high by 3.5" long.

I added a 3/8 NPT hole on the side of it. It did not show threads, only the hole size, type & depth. In ACAD I added some circle to the existing hole and then trimmed them to look like threads. Is there a way in SW to show threads? OR do I do the same as in ACAD?

Thanks in Advance

KenJG

Hi Ken, do you mean the threads are not showing in the 3dmodel or the 2d drawing you have created from the model?

If you mean the 3d model you may have to turn the visibility on.

From the drop down menu go to:

View> All annotations and make sure this option is selected.

If its a drawing can you post a picture of what you have.

Cheers.

Hello Stevsmith,

Thank you for the reply. I show All annotations checked. Drawing is attached.

Best Regards

Kenjg

40002424-001.jpg

It looks like you have two separate thread symbols on the hole feature. delete the one that you have highlighted. "Cosmetic Thread".

Hello,

The hole in question is as follows:

The original drawing showed the hole to have a Counter-bore Hole of .375 dia .78 deep. Then the hole has a 3/8 NPT threaded hole at .44 deep. I'm trying to show the threaded hole with threads just for clarity. I've attached the drawing with the "Cosmetic Thread" removed.

Thanks so much for your help.

KenJG

40002424-001_02.jpg

Hello Stevsmith,

The problem was in the Options > Document Properties > Detailing that "Shaded cosmetic threads" was not checked.

Thanks A MILLION. I'll be back with more "Q's" once I move on to my next training videos.

See You All SOON !!!

BR

KenJG