autocad to photoshp problem! please help,,

Rebin

hi,

guys i have a problem with my autocad

i just want to export large sheet sizes from Autocad to Photoshop!

i usually go to options> add or configure new plotter>Add-A-Plotter Wizard

I choose my computer then adobe and post script level2!!

Plot to a file

when i want to make a custom paper size by start from scratch like 1500mm width by 4000mm hight it says (Paper size is grater than the max paper size the device can support. Please inter a smaller paper size)

and i dont have any plotters i just want to work on this kind of sizes so how can i do that????

thanks,,

Edited by Rebin

Make sure when you create from scratch that your units are in Millimetres AutoCAD DWG to PDF limits you to 5080 by 5080mm or 200 by 200in

Could someone please confirmed this and also if there is a custom plotter that can print larger

Does the ps level 2 get you an .eps file? In a book I have about using AutoCAD in PhotoShop it talks about printing to a ps level 2 file. I would think that a PDF file might be a good option as well.

PDF works much better than standard raster formats. PDF gives you vector quality importing, not to mention scaling options among other things. Raster PDF still would be well preferred over JPG, PNG is okay but depends on exactly what you've drawn. My advice is just plot to PDF and drag/drop into Photoshop.

Thanks and appreciation to all of you guys :)

StykFacE yes you are right bro, pdf is better and im gonna start using it from now on,, thank you very much.

cheers,,

Arch Rebin