Standard scale

WalterCarlson

The standard and custom scale headings in properties are only available when you highlight paperspace viewports, they won't show in model space viewports, or when a paperspace viewport is activated.
I'm wondering if the OP overlooked this answer from another LT user. I don't see where he responded to it.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WalterCarlson

• JD Mather

• nestly

• Fire_col

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

abraCADabra, I click on vp scale box with an arrow and it maximizes the viewport. Does not reveal Standard scale/Custom for scale selection.

JD Mather, This is exactly what I am searching for.....

But yet, you still ignore the information that I'm searching for to help you - the actual file.

If you don't know how to attach the *.dwg file here - ask.

While I am at it.

Did you reboot the computer and this problem persists?

Does this problem occur with any new file or just this one on particular?

....box with an arrow and it maximizes the viewport. ....

Maximize Viewport.jpg The tool on the left is not the same as the tool on the right.

The tool on the left Maximizes/Minimizes your viewport.

The tool on the right ONLY appears if you select a viewport boundary.

JD Mather, Sorry, I am trying to the best of my knowledge to answer each and everyone's question. I don't know how to attach the file. I did reboot the computer and the problem persists. The problem is with all of my (present and past) files.

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_attachments

Are you sure you are in Paperspace Layout (bottom left corner indicates).

Are you sure the viewport boundary is on a visible layer and not locked? I'm guessing the book might have had you Lock the viewport. Hmmm, well I just checked and the scale should appear even if the boundary is locked - as long as you have the boundary selected. But if you select that Maximize there is no way to select the viewport boundary - so click again for Minimize.

Are you sure you have selected the viewport boundary?

(also - if you double click inside the viewport, but I recommend that you don't do this until you have more experience to realize what this actually does)

JD Mather, I am in Paperspace; viewport boundary is not locked; I am certain I have selected the viewport boundary.

JD - Boundary not selected appears as you show it including the status bar below. Boundary when selected appears as you show it but the status bar below does not change as it indicates in your response

I tried what eyde suggested and don't see how that solves the problem (post screen shot).

Walter,

Type QP and hit Enter on your keyboard.

Click on the viewport boundary and then hit Enter on your keyboard.

A QuickProperties window should pop up.

What does the first line say?

QuickProperties.png

@ All

Please take note that the OP is using AutoCAD2006. Annotative Scaling was not introduced until 2008, so there is no Scale list box in the lower right corner. Similarly, QuickProperties were not introduced until 2009.

@ Walter

I have created a video demo using 2005, (I never used 2006LT) so I hope it's similar to what you have. Please view the video and if you still can't see a "Custom" scale property, take a screen shot of your desktop, as described at the end of the video, and post it here using the method described by JDMather in post #36 above.

Demo -->