Lock toolbars

byk3bep

I'm having trouble setting up my toolbars. I position them the way I want, but as soon as I switch back from a different workspace (lets say3D modeling) the position of the toolbars change. Allsow I can't get the scroll bars to disappear for good, they always come back :ouch:

Here is what I do exactly:

1. Change the content and the position of the toolbars (acad classic workspace)

2. Lock down the toolbars

3. Go to options => profiles, create a new profile (add to list), set current

4. Change workspace to 3D modeling

5. Change workspace back to acad classic

img4.jpg

The result is: content of the toolbars is the way I want, but the position is changed. The toolbars are locked, so in order to move them to the desired place I have to unlock...

This is rly annoying. Anyone had the same problem, or heard of the solution?

img3.jpg

You need to save the changes to your Workspace not the profile. Bottom right in your AutoCAD window you will see a little gear wheel, click on it and in the drop down menu that appears click on "Save changes to current workspace" then select the name of your current workspace from the drop down list and when prompted if you want to overwrite the existing one reply with yes. You will need to do this for each work space that you use.

You can move LOCKED elements of a workspace by holding down the CTRL button as you grab them.

Have you gone into your WORKSPACE settings dialog, right click on the gear icon, save your newly configured workspace

as some other name, and set it as your default workspace (HOME).

You can opt to automatically save changes or not to you existing workspaces there too.

Whoops Tyke has already come to your rescue. :beer:

Yes :)

However, I have another question :D

I know how to add/remove buttons from toolbars, but when I do, they are removed from every workspace.

Can I remove/add a button to a certain toolbar in a certain workspace?

Lets say i wold like to have 2 workspaces, one that has a dimension toolbar with a dimstyle button and one that doesn't have this button. Is this possible and how?

If you remove a tool from a toolbar it is gone in all workspaces.

The workaround is to create an alternate toolbar configuration (make a copy and modify that one with a new name toolbar name) and create

workspaces using the task specific configurations you create.