Convert to .eps

Al_H_C

Hi,

I am trying to convert a dwg to eps format for use with Adobe Illustrator. I've tried exporting as eps and using conversion software but the output is incomplete and of poor quality with both these options.

Does anyone know how I can get a like for like output.?

Thanks

Al

Thanks. I don't have Illustrator on my work machine so will have to wait till I get in from work tonight unfortunately. Can Illustrator open R14 versions directly or will I need to export from the R14 version to eps?

My version (CS2) opens R14 drawings directly. You can Drag & Drop straight into Illustrator or Open from File dropdown, etc.

That does work very well but another option is to set up a printer to print to an .EPS file, much like printing to a PDF file.

Go to your Add Plotter wizard:

Select My Computer - Adobe and then select PostScript Level 2 - Select Next on the Import Pcp or Pc2 page - Select Plot to File on the Ports page - Then give it a name.

Now you will have an .EPS plotter installed in AutoCAD.

Again just bringing the file into Illustrator is probably the best solution but this gives you another option.

Well the r14 should work as that format is far back enough to get rid of most items that Illustrator can read. Just never hurts to have a back up ;)