Can I download Dynamic Blocks from somewhere?

Vagulus

I am drawing a large truck workshop and wish to show two 6m-wide roller doors at one end of the building. These are the doors that roll up on a reel above the door space, and roll down again to close.

Can I download such a Dynamic Block of such a door from somewhere, and save it on my machine so that it shows in Tool Palettes and Design Center?

i would say you may well find a 2D block, but a 2D dynamic block may be a struggle.

just google. a lot of sites you have to register, and some charge for blocks. it can be a frustrating search.

mebbe try a manufacturer's site

i would say you may well find a 2D block, but a 2D dynamic block may be a struggle.

Well, you got that right! :cry:

I am, quite frankly, amazed because rollup doors are such a common feature in industrial buildings. I found some manufacturers' sites which will send a drawing but they all work in Imperial. I am working in Metric.

Still, perhaps it would help if I knew exactly what I am looking for.

What filename suffix would a dynamic block file have?

Well, you got that right! :cry:

I am, quite frankly, amazed because rollup doors are such a common feature in industrial buildings. I found some manufacturers' sites which will send a drawing but they all work in Imperial. I am working in Metric.

Still, perhaps it would help if I knew exactly what I am looking for.

What filename suffix would a dynamic block file have?

it will just be a .dwg

do you do many roller doors? you may end up having to make your own, but (for me) anything involving stretch, array etc can be a right pita. even a few move grips combined with a rotate can drive you crazy.

i expect if there's a dynamic block sub-forum here, if you're willing to do some work yourself, you would get plenty of help. i used them a lot in the past doing fire alarm layouts - very useful. not so much now i'm doing duct.

i'll try a search later today when i'm browsing.... probs 'roller shutter dwg' or 'roller shutter dynamic block'

personally i would forget about dynamic blocks unless it's a fairly basic object. i would just build a library of different sizes/types (& perhaps fling them up onto a toolpalette). maybe combine some sizes and make one block with several visibility states....that would be fairly easy.

• 1 month later...

You can find a number of dynamic blocks over at the AutoCAD Users Group International website. I don't know if roll up doors are included. The blocks are uploaded for use by AUGI members. But first you will have to join (membership is free).

http://www.augi.com/

Another option is to check over at the CADforum. They have a section devoted to CAD Blocks. Find them at...

http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum_en/default.asp

Have you tried over at AutoDesk Seek?

http://seek.autodesk.com/

Edited by ReMark