A drawing with a hatch problem

Quik&Easy

I've received a drawing from a prospective client in both DWG and DXF format. Both show a hatch pattern or masking pattern of some sort that I can't deal with. A simple right click highlights every thing and crashes my program. I have a weak computer, obviously. Turning the "0" layer off does nothing for me while turning off the "face" layer removes everything when viewed in model space. I then see no design and no hatch. I do not use view ports or paper space at all at my level of ACAD use, just model space.

The files were converted through the use of 3DSMAX by my client; how they were originally designed and executed I have no idea. Judging by the number of grips that show up, this design has a ton of very short entities and I need to lessen that number considerably for machine movement purposes. I'm attaching the file (I hope) in hopes that someone can explain what was done with this hatch and how to get rid of it in my 2011 LT program so I can work with it. Thank you for taking a look.

Ken

revised DWG me 1.dwg

I was able to erase it leaving spline objects.

You can try turning grips off, at the command line enter GRIPS, enter, 0, enter.

Also, HIGHLIGHT, enter, 0, enter.

Now try erasing it on your own.

revised DWG me 1 2.dwg

Is there an easy explanation of how you did it? I've been fussing with it for 3/4 of an hour before I posted it with a revised name. I'll download yours to see how, too.

Let me rephrase that; where was the hatch? On the "face layer"?

It will take me a while to process figure it out but I will be back.

I got the same "failure in face-face intersection" etc. but not the Boolean one.

Edit to add: from the ribbon, I went draw-hatch, then pulled a window around the whole thing, then from the boundaries section I chose "remove" and that seemed to get rid of it. I tried it on the original and it worked as well. I've actually never seen the "hatch" creation tool bar before. Totally new to me today.

Nestly, from your drawing, when I thaw the hatch, it works differently than the original but I can't see why. I'm not going to worry about it, as long as I can get rid of it then I can work on it without crashing.

Thanks to both of you for the assistance.

Ken

Edited by Quik&Easy