Slow response after copy and pasting

cadnooob

Hi all,

I have troweled through the forums trying to find a specific solution to my problem but have been unsuccessful in finding an answer.

When I cut and paste, Autocad lags for up to 30 seconds before continuing to go back to the command prompt.

This problem only happens after pasting, whether it is one line or multiple lines/objects. The quantity of data pasted makes no difference to the lag. Also, if it's a new file with nothing in the drawing the issue still happens. The scale list is purged along with the entire drawing, so even on a blank new file it happens?!

I am running autocad 2014 LT and migrated from 2010 recently, where the problem began. I don't have cutting and pasting problems in any other programs like photoshop either, so I have localised it to a cad being the issue.

Also I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but this doesn't fix the problem.

I'm running on intel core duo 2, 4gb ram and 64 bit operating windows system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've had problems like this before where the problem was that antivirus software on the computer was trying to real time scan the cut/copied data.

• 1 year later...
Hi all,

I have troweled through the forums trying to find a specific solution to my problem but have been unsuccessful in finding an answer.

When I cut and paste, Autocad lags for up to 30 seconds before continuing to go back to the command prompt.

This problem only happens after pasting, whether it is one line or multiple lines/objects. The quantity of data pasted makes no difference to the lag. Also, if it's a new file with nothing in the drawing the issue still happens. The scale list is purged along with the entire drawing, so even on a blank new file it happens?!

I am running autocad 2014 LT and migrated from 2010 recently, where the problem began. I don't have cutting and pasting problems in any other programs like photoshop either, so I have localised it to a cad being the issue.

Also I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but this doesn't fix the problem.

I'm running on intel core duo 2, 4gb ram and 64 bit operating windows system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Was this issue ever solved? I am struggling with it at the moment. :(

Did you try temporarily disabling your anti-virus software to see if it makes any difference?

Have you installed the latest service pack for 2015?

What else is running in the background?

What are your system specs?

Are you making use of xrefs?

Are you using layer filters?

Thanks for your assistance but i just realised that im posting in the wrong forum. Ooops. Sorry and thanks again.

STOP!

Do not post your question again. Simply add a line asking a moderator to move this thread to the appropriate forum.

This isn't actually an AutoCAD issue. I am running Rhino 3D. So I wont repost on this site. Was a bit silly. I posted in haste. Apologies.