PS - view '100%'

mikekmx

Hi

there must be a quick way (/)... or at least a way:

like in Excel & Word & many other progs, when in PS i'd like my view to be at 100%....so if i plotted, my (eg) PS titleblock would be the same size on paper as on the monitor.

P.S. i fully admit i looked in AutoCAD help for about 30secs, then posted here

...like in Excel & Word... ... same size on paper as on the monitor.

I am curious - I want to know how to have Word print the same size on paper as on the monitor? (I have never ever had the need for this - but as I stated - curious.)

I always print paperspace at 100%, but that isn't necessarily the same size it displays on the monitor?

Can you attach a sample file here to illustrate your problem?

I don't see the point of printing something at the same size as it is on one's monitor. Please cite three examples.

I would say I don't see a need for this either, however to sync the sizes, simply divide the length of a sheet of paper by the length of the "paper" on the monitor (use a ruler) then ZOOM by the dividend while in PaperSpace.

...or buy an Asus monitor with QuickFit grid :D

sorry, i didn't expalin very well...

in PS, what i'd like to do is 'click' and zoom my view to 100% (or 1:1) so it's the same size as it will be on paper.

the reason: at pesent i plot to PDF then view 100%, to check things are legible, check the vp scale is suitable etc. Being able to do this in AutoCAD would save some time.

i try to set things up so my drawings are best plotted at A1 but are still legible if plotted at A3 size, but what tends to happen is they are too big on A1. i want to be able to check as i go along and with less effort.

just bought a new HP 23" monitor, so the Asus is not an option :)

As far as I know, AutoCAD does not have a way to do that without the calculation that nestly mentioned. For your needs, I would think a close approximation would be good enough. Even with "Lineweights" turned on, what you see on the screen is not going to be exactly as it is going to appear on paper. PDFs viewed at 100% do not even do that. Most of the time they are close but I've seen some major differences between what a PDF shows on the monitor, especially when zoomed in, and what the printed PDF looks like.

...to check things are legible....

.... but are still legible if ....

Text size (printed) should be the same on any size plot.

For the geometry it should be obvious of sheet size/view scale that is needed.