Custom title block/border to line up with ACADE co-ordinate system

griff_nz

Hi there

I am trying to create custom borders with x and y co-ordinates, but am having trouble lining it up with the ACADE co-ordinate system. Any ideas out there? I can use an existing template and change fonts etc but what if I wanted to squeeze up the axis or use different reference characters ie. Alpha-numeric instead of numeric-numeric? It may be an easy one for the more experienced out there!!!:D

You are drawing electrical schematics not site plans so why the concern over coordinates? Doesn't ACADE make use of Snap and Grid?

Thanks for your reply ReMark, the co-ordinate system used in ACADE is used to link parent components with child components, and source-destination wire signals between drawings. These reference signals give the end user of the drawings a 'Go to sheet N, column x row y' to find the destination of the wire or linked component.

Also noteworthy is that when I move the UCS to a different part of my drawing ACADE doesn't change its tagging system to suit, so it seems that it is tied to the border itself or maybe the WD_TB data block in the bottom left hand corner.

So my problem of trying to match the ACADE auto-tagging co-ordinate system with my custom border may be a little tougher to tackle than I thought!

I thougt you could set the spacing in the ACADE template but when I tried today I couldn't find out how. In fact 2013 ACADE looked very different to what I learned ACADE on - 2008 - and I haven't really used it since. Sorry I can't help.