Is there a way to edit one single subassembly by clicking on a cross section

ewibolo

Title basically says it all.

I have the corridors drawn with all of the section lines, etc. The roadway is about 3 miles long. I have approximately 160 cross sections cut in the same model space. I am wondering if there is any way to click on the cross section to edit the single sub assembly for that cross section.

Thanks

You could always explode that single section and manually edit it. Any changes you manually do won't be reflected in the corridor/surface though and the section will no longer be dynamic.

The better way to do it is to split the corridor up into regions. So if you want to change the cross section at CH2105m (and no others; I'm using metres here as I find it easier) then you would split your corridor into three regions, Ch0-CH2103, Ch2103-CH2107 & CH2107-CH3000m etc. Then you simply click your corridor (around CH2105m roughly) and go into the section editor. From there you can change the assembly used for that region (CH2103 - CH2107, i.e. the 4m section we just separated) of the corridor. The rest of your corridor will remain untouched if you split it into regions correctly (although always make a backup of your file first etc incase something does go wrong).

Then just rebuild your corridor and surface and the changes to the CH2105 cross section only will be reflected (due to your new assembly), while the CH2100, CH2110 and all other cross sections will have remained the same (as they are still using the original assembly you applied to the corridor). I.e. the cross sections will then will update automatically.