Export to PDF won't work

iainlines

Hi,

I am attempting to export a dwg to pdf to send to a customer, problem is it won't work. I have used this before with no problems but every time I try now I get an error message in the corner of the screen saying job did not plot (plot???) as there were no plottable sheets. Any help would be appreciated as I'd rather not send drawing files

Thanks

what do you mean by 'export ' to pdf?

are you choosing plot(or publish), then choosing a pdf 'printer'?

anything different about this drawing compared to previous ones you've successfully PDF'd? same PDF prog as before? not changed any settings in the PDF prog?

Hi,

What I am trying to achieve is a copy of my drawing in PDF. Only difference is that these drawings were created in AutoCAD 2007

I wasn't aware there was an "export to PDF" option in AutoCAD 2007. I am aware there is a plot option called DWG To PDF.pc3 under Printer/Plotter > Name. Is that what you are using?

Can you attach a copy of the drawing to your next post?

Sorry, the drawings were created in 07 (at home on work laptop) but then I tried to export to pdf with 2013.

I have tried this morning with no problem with one drawing then the same problem again with another.

I'd love to attach a drawing but it just hangs and hangs forever

Still getting the same message:-

Job: - Error(s) Did Not Plot

Job ID: 1

Sheet set name:

Date and time started: 05/08/2013 12:38:33

Date and time completed: 05/08/2013 12:38:33

UserID: Iain

Profile ID:

Total sheets: 0

Sheets plotted: 0

Number of errors: 0

Number of warnings: 0

ERROR: There were no plottable sheets in the current operation.

Thanks

I saw that solution earlier this morning but since your profile says "2007" (no Publish command) I did not post a link to it.

In the future it might be helpful to note the program you are actually using at the time when a problem is encountered.

Glad to hear you got it solved (kind of) and thanks for updating us.

• 4 months later...

so im having trouble with autocad 13 lt,

I created a new drawing just as always (mind you its been 7 years since I used AC, im a Rhino 3d guy, but hey that's a new job for you ) and I have exported plenty of .pdf from AC13 with no problem.

I get the same error plotting message. I am making a file for "plotting" but im not sending it too the plotter in this action. im simply exporting a .pdf from my linework.

if you have any ideas it would assist a working man greatly.

thank the CAD gods for fairly straightforward and cross referential programs.

cheers all

yeah, I don't know if you read it, maybe im not seeing what you are ( quoting a solution from earlier would have been nice ) but as far as I can tell there was no "solution" found.

and the link is either broken or my computer wont open it

I just ended up copying my drawing to a new file. that actually worked. I just don't like working like that, ive found it leaves you open to lose parts, layers and mess-up your scale.

this was a pretty simple drawing but id rather find out what was wrong with that file.

thanks for the interest

The link from post #6 works for me. However, this is the workaround proposed over there and seems that was effective on OP's case:

The workaround is to invoke plot dialog once and close it. Then you should be able to do the export operation without errors