50 Cal. Machine Gun

Cad64

With my new found knowledge of materials and rendering in Modo, I decided to give my machine gun a makeover. I think it looks much nicer now, and a little more badass. :twisted:

If you want to see more views of the gun, you can see them on my website here: http://www.rdeweese.com/gallery/equipment/machine_gun.html

*** Image removed. Click on link above to see renders on my website ***

Note: If you are offended by the sight of guns, please do not click on the link.

Edited by Cad64
Render removed

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cad64

• ROBP

• Murph_map

• rkmcswain

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, but the ammo can is for the M-60 which uses the 7.62 round. The 50 cal is a 50 cal round period.

Sorry but I know nothing about gun cartridges. I just went with the what I found online, and the overwhelming majority of ammo boxes I found had the 7.62 specs on them. Attached is an updated render of the gun with the 50 cal. specs.

*** Image removed. Click on link below to see renders on my website ***

Website Link: http://www.rdeweese.com/gallery/equipment/machine_gun.html

Note: If you are offended by the sight of guns, please do not click on the link.

Edited by Cad64
Render Removed

Sorry but I know nothing about gun cartridges. I just went with the what I found online, and the overwhelming majority of ammo boxes I found had the 7.62 specs on them. Attached is an updated render of the gun with the 50 cal. specs.

After 22 years of playing with them I picked up a few things. :) Hollywood and TV do things a bit different. For instance the 50 cal on the WWII jeep is not "Real Life", the army tried it a few times but the recoil on the those big a$$ guns made those jeeps roll over on their sides unless shot straight to the front or rear. The M60 were the replacements for mounted on jeeps and the 50 cl was saved for the Armor vehicles.

• 9 months later...
Nice, but the ammo can is for the M-60 which uses the 7.62 round. The 50 cal is a 50 cal round period.

I caught the same thing. Looks bad ass

So much for constructive topics, moderator should be more careful with subject postings.

Even if moderator detains the rights to manage postings does not necessary means that he or she can post what he his pleased.

Cadtutor should not permit posting referring to destruction objects of any sort specially from moderators.

Screening should be mandatory even for higher rank members.

Users can sometimes be choked with subject postings specially when it comes to destructives objects like guns and weapons.

If i had the power i would delete your thread completely guns are destructive not constructive

Disagree, a hobby of mine years ago and with the correct training can be a very enjoyable sport.

You need to relax dude. :glare:

I did try to be polite with my posting cad64 but never ever call me dude i'm 58 and at my age nobody call me dudes therefore punk using your language please

be polite when you send comments not knowing whom you are addressing the comments to and not knowing the age group.

I do not like or appreciate your tone in this thread and I also don't understand why, if you have such a negative reaction to the sight of guns, you would click on a thread that is clearly titled "50 Cal. Machine Gun"? I think the thread title makes it pretty obvious what you're going to find when you enter into this thread and I don't think I could have stated any clearer what the subject matter of this thread would be. It's not like I titled my thread "Cute fuzzy bunnies" or something misleading like that. I made it very clear what you would find in here so that anyone deciding to enter into this thread would be thoroughly forewarned. Perhaps, in the future, when you see threads like mine that are titled "machine gun" or "handgun" or anything else with the word "gun" in it, you should completely avoid it in order to spare yourself the discomfort of seeing such a horrific image.

Thanks and have a great day. :)

You need to relax dude. :glare:

Please take note that guns and weapons can sometimes be taboo for some users please keep it in mind

I do not like or appreciate your tone in this thread and I also don't understand why, if you have such a negative reaction to the sight of guns, you would click on a thread that is clearly titled "50 Cal. Machine Gun"? I think the thread title makes it pretty obvious what you're going to find when you enter into this thread and I don't think I could have stated any clearer what the subject matter of this thread would be. It's not like I titled my thread "Cute fuzzy bunnies" or something misleading like that. I made it very clear what you would find in here so that anyone deciding to enter into this thread would be thoroughly forewarned. Perhaps, in the future, when you see threads like mine that are titled "machine gun" or "handgun" or anything else with the word "gun" in it, you should completely avoid it in order to spare yourself the discomfort of seeing such a horrific image.

Thanks and have a great day. :)

Will do you bet.

Have a nice day too

Nice! I think the feet were a little bigger - memory may be failing me somewhat.

:) I was the guy tasked with carring that in our squad. Another guy got the legs.

Then the S.A.W. came out. it was much lighter! Huge overall improvement to.

I agree this is not a post on weather or not you believe in Gun control but rather a

3d rendering of an object that happens to be a gun. Its not shown killing people with blood and guts but rather an inanimate object placed in the sand.

Maybe next he can do a flower?

Maybe with a Abrams tank tread crushing it to bits........:P

Please take note that guns and weapons can sometimes be taboo for some users please take it in mind

I did take that in mind, as I said, that is why I titled my thread very, very clearly "50 cal. machine gun" so that anyone who can't stand the sight of guns would be thoroughly forewarned. I was not misleading in any way about what you will find in this thread. And by the way, this render has been here for almost a year and has also been posted on many other forums online and has never once received any sort of negative feedback like this.

But just to make sure I don't offend any other sensitive members who might happen to stumble into this thread, the images that were displayed have now been replaced by links to my website. If you are offended by the sight of guns, please do not click on the links.

I did try to be polite with my posting cad64 but never ever call me dude i'm 58 and at my age nobody call me dudes therefore punk using your language please
You did not try and be polite. Your motives were very clear in your post. Being polite would have been to private message Cad64 or go above him to Mr. CADTutor himself and discuss your concerns confidentially but instead you caused a scene by attacking a political issue. This render from Cad64 originated from a competition. Thanks for being the equivalent to the one ornery child that gets all the other kids in trouble and sent home with extra homework.

Cad64, so sad you actually had to edit your original post. All it takes is one person to ruin it for everyone.

Cad64, so sad you actually had to edit your original post. All it takes is one person to ruin it for everyone.

Well, I thought the thread title was very clear and would be enough to keep sensitive eyes out of here, but I guess not. So in order to provide a double layer of protection for those who may be easily offended, I have provided links to my website. If for some reason they go ahead and click on the thread to get in here, despite the obvious thread title, and then make the conscious decision to click on the link to my website, that's their problem. They have been doubly warned.

But hey, maybe the links will end up driving more traffic to my site. ;)