Enthusiastic Student

Max Walumbe

I want to be taken through AutoCad step by step from the beginning. Although I am able to read drawings in AutoCad, I am unable to edit nor modify them and neither make a drawing on my own.

I want to be taken through AutoCad step by step from the beginning. Although I am able to read drawings in AutoCad, I am unable to edit nor modify them and neither make a drawing on my own.

welcome

http://www.engineeringsurveyor.com/utilities/index.htm#AutoCAD

scroll down to

AutoCAD - Secrets every user should know

that should give you a good grounding.

I doubt you'll find a tutorial or group of tutorials that would be that comprehensive but you can start here with the tutorials CADTutor has made available (both static and video) and also check out the tutorials at this website as well: http://www.we-r-here.com/cad/index.htm

What drawings do you have that you are unable to edit or modify?

Starting a new drawing is as simple as opening AutoCAD since the default operation of the program is to open with a new blank drawing called Drawing1.dwg.

Do you want to draw using imperial or metric units?

I suggest that you purchase a good after-market book by Omura, Finkelstein, or McFarland (just to name three well known authors) and go through it systematically. You might also benefit from taking an AutoCAD class taught at a local community college. You'll most likely do better in an environment where you have access to a teacher and can interact with fellow students.

Edited by ReMark

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

If you enjoy it, and are motivated, you will be amazed how quickly you can learn it on your own,

lots of good resources on the TUTORIALS tab, and featured links on the HOME page.

My CADSITE (oh good, ReMark just copied in the link for this) is very good for a novice looking to learn the ropes.