conveyor or assembly line design in autocad

I was wondering if anyone have any experience designing conveyor or assembly lines in autocad? I know there is Factory layout, but my boss will not pay for the extra softwar. She wants me to get them done with AutoCAD. Im not new to CAD, but she needed me to move to helping with line layouts. Also what sites and literature can i study to begin to understand the layout process. Im not talking about 3D tools or part design, its all 2D. Im also looking for the in's and out's of laying out a line for food and bottle product lines. Im thinking the equipment will be a block and possibly being dynamic blocks so that i can lengthen and shorten the parts to fit the space. Looking for any advice help i can get.

• 9 months later...

Just saw this post...

I used to design conveyors for all sorts of automotive plants with AutoCAD. Now I do this in MicroStation. Still tinker around with AutoCAD a bit...