I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find it

HeatherCee

I am trying to add a block to my tool palette. I am able to add it, but when I click on the palette to add it to a drawing, it acts like it's going to work but nothing shows up in the drawing. I have added it to the source drawing, saved the source drawing, dragged it into the palette. All is well until I try to place it in a drawing. The other blocks work fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks much!

Units = The units that the block drawn with Millimeters , Centimeters , Meters , Inches .... etc .

Then check if the insunits (system variable ) is matching the units of the Block on insertion .

Well, I found I have indeed been placing them wayyyyy away from where I intended. So now I just have to figure out how to make them place where I put them. Thanks anyway, y'all.

Sounds like when you created the block you specified 0,0,0 as the basepoint instead of picking somewhere on the geometry of the block itself.

Well, I found I have indeed been placing them wayyyyy away from where I intended. So now I just have to figure out how to make them place where I put them. Thanks anyway, y'all.

Change the base point of the block to replace a new insertion point from the Block Editor .

Look up Archimedes and the phrase "the volume of water displaced."

Waw I have just remembered that marvelous story about Archimedes , he is the one who said that word " eureka eureka " which means I found I found it . :lol:

Thank you .