learning autocad revit / tutorials

jamos

I would like to know if there is a possibility that I can download the tutorial videos on this forum, regarding autocad revit, so that I can watch and learn on my own time. Reason for this is that I've got limited access to internet.

Second question is about advice to point me in the right direction to learn autocad revit. I never used it before and want to learn it from scratch, step by step on my own.

Thanking you in advance

No thought of maybe at least taking a 3-day introductory class just to cover the high points? Learning on your own, while commendable, could prove to be quite the undertaking.

• 1 year later...

Ok... I'm having to revive this thread.

I did take a 2 or 3 day introductory course for Revit... but that was a while ago and I haven't had a lot of time to play with it since then. What are some good resources for getting my feet back in the water? I need to start exploring it again for the company.

Thanks!

You can pick up a single book that goes through just about everything, something like this: http://amzn.com/1118862155

But that is a very comprehensive book. Best thing to do is use it to go through the fundamentals which are covered in the first few chapters, then hit the chapters about specifics. Other than that, you usually can YouTube specific tasks that you're trying to do, and of course Forums always help.

If Revit MEP is the more suitable Revit package, then the Paul Aubin books are always the best: http://amzn.com/1500435430

Hope this helps. :)