AutoCAD LT Forum Poll

Tuns

AutoCAD LT Forum  

26 members have voted

1. 1. AutoCAD LT Forum

• Yes, I think an AutoCAD LT centralized forum is a good idea.
    • No, I don't think it is necessary for this forum to exist.

I think (and probably several others as well) that a AutoCAD LT customization forum would be very popular. There's a lot of LT users out there that would probably find it nice to be able to use a forum focused on LT only. This entire website is mostly based on people who have the full version of AutoCAD so why not make something to help us who are limited to LT only? Or change the "CUI, hatches, line types, and macros" forum to "AutoCAD LT, CUI, and Macros" and direct people elsewhere for hatches and line types. Just an idea so those who are only on LT that don't know where to look will find it in the search engines or from browsing your site and go "OH THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR ALL FREAKIN' DAY" or somewhere along those lines.

Simply put if you agree with me here vote yes. If not vote no. I think it would be a really great idea to consider for us LT users.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tuns

• tzframpton

• neophoible

• steven-g

I don't use LT, but I can understand the need. In the meantime, perhaps it would be useful to include LT in any thread titles where that is a limitation.

From what I've seen, if the member has "LT" in their profile, then most provide an "LT" specific solution. ... but I'm not opposed to a dedicated forum either, so I'm abstaining from the vote... for now.

I like the sound of it. Just not sure how much it would get used. I think most LT users buy into the theory that LT has had all the clever stuff stripped out, the vast majority of people I have worked with (LT users) don't even know what a block is, never mind a dynamic block. My vote is yes, maybe an 'LT customization' sub group under the main Autocad customization would raise awareness of the possibilities.

I think (and probably several others as well) that a AutoCAD LT customization forum would be very popular. There's a lot of LT users out there that would probably find it nice to be able to use a forum focused on LT only. This entire website is mostly based on people who have the full version of AutoCAD so why not make something to help us who are limited to LT only? Or change the "CUI, hatches, line types, and macros" forum to "AutoCAD LT, CUI, and Macros" and direct people elsewhere for hatches and line types. Just an idea so those who are only on LT that don't know where to look will find it in the search engines or from browsing your site and go "OH THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR ALL FREAKIN' DAY" or somewhere along those lines. .
I'd like to understand the specifics of this. Tuns, you mention placing CUI and Macros with LT, but not Linetypes and Hatches. Are the latter not customizable in LT? In the full version all of these are customizable. Just trying to understand the logic of the suggested split.

From what I've seen, if the member has "LT" in their profile, then most provide an "LT" specific solution. ... but I'm not opposed to a dedicated forum either, so I'm abstaining from the vote... for now.
Yes, I think most do as well.

I'd like to understand the specifics of this. Tuns, you mention placing CUI and Macros with LT, but not Linetypes and Hatches. Are the latter not customizable in LT? In the full version all of these are customizable. Just trying to understand the logic of the suggested split.
Yes, one can do custom linetypes and hatches just the same as in the full version.

As of this point it's 11-0 in favor of a LT forum. Not bad. :)

To reiterate I think it's a great thing to do, for a couple of reasons:

• There are no well-known popular and active LT forums on the internet.
  • Some people are simply "stuck" with LT because of their restrictions at work.
  • Giving a "heading" to a LT forum will get people to remember and come back for more.
  • It will give us all a chance to learn more about LT and help the AutoCAD based community even further.

Just some quick thoughts is all. Anybody else agree?

Seems like a win-win situation,

I can't understand why anyone would have a problem with it.

Frequently posters fail to mention they are using LT,

presumably if there was a dedicated forum for LT, they

would choose to post their questions there.

I know nothing about LT but would likely read the posts

regardless.

There are quite a few forum regulars who

use LT on a daily basis, and could no doubt help lots

of fellow sufferers/users with their issues. :beer:

As of this point it's 11-0 in favor of a LT forum. Not bad. :)

To reiterate I think it's a great thing to do, for a couple of reasons:

• There are no well-known popular and active LT forums on the internet.
  • Some people are simply "stuck" with LT because of their restrictions at work.
  • Giving a "heading" to a LT forum will get people to remember and come back for more.
  • It will give us all a chance to learn more about LT and help the AutoCAD based community even further.

Just some quick thoughts is all. Anybody else agree?

LT has had quite a few features striped from it's capabilities, the most widely known is the ability to create and edit 3D solids, but we do have a few other areas that are only of concern to LT users

• Lt uses dynamic blocks, but LT users have no use of constraints (LT cannot create or edit constraints)
  • And in LT we only have DIESEL as a programming language, which falls under the heading CUI or Macros

For those 2 items it is difficult to know where to post questions, and to be honest I think that the majority of LT users don't even know what DIESEL is. A dedicated Forum (or two) would possibly raise the awareness that even LT is capable of more than just drawing lines from A to B

Edited by steven-g

I proposed the split because I don't see how CUI and macros are at all related to line types and hatches. It doesn't need to be split, I just thought it didn't fit.

AutoCAD LT - Resources

AutoDesk AutoCAD LT Services and Support

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?linkID=9240817&id=2772824&siteID=123112

LT Unlimited

ltunlimited.typepad.com/

LT is Still AutoCAD

http://ltisacad.blogspot.com/

There's also a forum over at The Swamp, too. It's the only non-blog forum that I know exists for LT, although it's very light in activity from what I remembered.

I'm the only 'full' Autocad user in my office. All the rest (20+) have LT and I am the go to guy in case of problems. I did also serve my time on LT so I did find some work arounds to problems and I have noticed that people do occasionally respond to LT questions with 'Full' answers. I've voted Yes BTW

I think it's a great idea. My vote is yes. 8)

I agree, I don't use but I have installed LT 2014 so I can help test things and answer questions if need be.

Sean