arc appearance

mitch_au83

hi all, we have just upgraded our autocad from 2010lt to 2014lt at work.

would any one know how to make curved lines appear the same as they were in the 2010?? when you select a line with a radius in it, it used to have little arrows showing the line is curved and what direction. is this possible to change thanks in advance

What you've described does not sound familiar to me. Any chance you can post a screenshot or manually add the "little arrows" with a graphics program to illustrate?

hi all, we have just upgraded our autocad from 2010lt to 2014lt at work.

would any one know how to make curved lines appear the same as they were in the 2010?? when you select a line with a radius in it, it used to have little arrows showing the line is curved and what direction. is this possible to change thanks in advance

Yes, the "little arrows" you are referring to were replaced by multi-function grips as shown below. Just hold your cursor on the endpoint grip, and then choose Lengthen from the contextual menu that appears.

gripme.png

If that is not acceptable for you, then you can set GRIPMULTIFUNCTIONAL to 0, and get your "little arrows" back. Of course you'll lose other functionality of multifunction grips too.

gripme2.png

thats what i was after, thanks rkmcswain! the multi function is useful for text positions but not really of use to me for the lengthen/stretch

cheers.

is there a way to get the dim text position back on the right click menu?? with the GRIPMULTIFUNCTIONAL on 0 i lose the ability to move individual text??

thanks again...

I'm going to precede the solution with my advice to turn Multifunctional Grips back on, as you'll spend more time trying to make AutoCAD2014 work like 2010 than the time it will take to learn to use the "new" grips more efficiently than the "old" grips. Your choice....

Find the command(s) in the CUI and drag them onto the Dimension Objects Menu Shortcut Menu. (the command to Reset Text position "Home Text" is shown below)

HomeTextCommand.jpg