Autocad architecture 2014

davj23

Hello

I am using Autocad architecture to render a new building or atleast trying to make realistic renderings in 3d.

The thing is just that I cannot change the fkin material on the wall, window frame etc. And the Window glas is compleatly seethrough.

When I try to use Style manager to change the wall texture I come the manager panel. I choose the wall in the left menu. Then materials.

Even if I cange materials here to for example brick from render. Nothing happens to the rendering.

And when I click the actual material I come to this huge list of 10 diffrent categories called display properties!?!

What the hells goin on, Can someone just tell me how to change the stupid material on the walls and windowframes. And why the glas is compleetly seethrough and seem not to exist.

Can it be so damn hard to change material on a wall-?:shock:

It's not hard, you just don't have a grasp on it quite yet. There's more steps involved because AEC Objects are much more intuitive and advanced... you're not dealing with "dumb" solid objects anymore.

Here's a couple posts that might be able to help you:

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?77347-Architectual-objects-won-t-display-materials

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?72011-Materials-Not-Working-when-Rendered

ACA.pdfNow Im really frustrated....

I mean It does not matter what material I choose In the style properties the stuopid walls has the same colour as the layer

Well i think my pictures says all...

Please help I need to be able to change materials quick

Why Is my windows compleetly seethrough?

Namnlöst-1.pdf

seethroughwindows.pdf

Edited by davj23

Hello!

I have a very annoying problem. Why cant I assigne more materials to the exterior of my wall? I mean I have like a 100+ materials in my material library.

How do I get materials from the material library into the list of materials to assigne to my wall?:cry:assignematerial.pdf

Please Vview attached pdf which shows my problem

Thanks for any help