zoom toolbar gone

I've search and read everything I can find on toolbars but this one is unique.

Even though I tried all ways of making sure the ZOOM toolbar is "on"....it doesn't appear on the screen....it disappeared on it's own and not missed for a while but am frustrated that it won't appear as all others do. It's the only toolbar that is behaving this way.

Any suggestions to get it back?

thanks,

ttsquared

Go to the Toolbars menu, click AutoCAD, then find "zoom".

As I understand it the problem is the toolbar is activated but it does not display where he can see it. In other words, it may be off screen.

It may well be off screen, but the first place I would look would be as nestly suggested behind all other toolbars.

I hate when that happens. :beer:

I wonder if the OP is using a dual monitor setup? The toolbar could be on a totally different monitor than the one he is expecting to see it on.

Could force the issue using the _Toolbar command and the Show option.

I guess the real question is do you really need it? I mean you can zoom in and out with the scroll wheel of your mouse. Simply hitting the "z" key will invoke the zoom command and then you can select all, center, dynamic, extents, previous, scale, window and object from there. To me not using the toolbar and just using the command alias especially for zooming you can really save some time in your work flow.

Good luck.

Yeah, I guess so. A guy I used to work with was really heavy into tool bars. Same thing, he had a zoom to factor .9x button he had made. I said you know you can just type that in?

He said he learned old school. To which I replied that I learned on r9 dos which had no tool bars ;)

At the same place I had a "supervisor" who would type in commands. And I mean she would type the whole command. She would type out "erase" and etc. :huh:

As Heston said in Planet of the Apes..."It's a mad house! A mad house!"

I wonder if the OP is using a dual monitor setup? The toolbar could be on a totally different monitor than the one he is expecting to see it on.

Could force the issue using the _Toolbar command and the Show option.

I like the sound of that bit of voodoo ReMark, never heard of that one. :beer:

I would lose hours every day were it not for the scroll wheel zoom and combining

the pan and zoom functionality in OPTIONS. Double clicking the scroll wheel to zoom

extents was a virtual epiphany for me, the first time I did it. :shock:

Bingo, Dadgad. I usually am not too critical of users way of working but not using command aliases and the zoom/pan function built into the mouse is really missing out time savings which add up to $$ savings.

Several of the guys here use the d@mn thumb track ball things and they are about as useful as t!ts on a boar hog!

To all, thanks for the suggestions. As reported I thought I tried everything, including turning off all other toolbars to find the missing one. One suggestion proved to be bang on; the zoom toolbar was hiding behind the Start/Status bar at the bottom of the screen. Thank you all.