Importing a file from SpaceGass

buzzsshaw

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Revit Structures and have been asked to import a spacegass model into revit structures (2013 version).

I tried this using the import command but it does not recognize "stp" files.

I checked the spacegass website and it says the software is bi-directional with Revit.

Any help would be appreciated.

STP files, no, not that I know of. What other files can Space Gass export to? Your options are DWG, DXF, DGN, SAT, SKP, and IFC. The IFC option would be most valuable.

Thanks for the response, turns out that the version of SpaceGass (version 10) we have is not the correct one to be linked to Revit Structures 2013. It is too old !

Spacegass comes with an .exe file located in the programme file location that adds an add-in to the Revit ribbon, which then allows the software to talk to each other. However as part of that .exe file it needs to locate both software packages on the users PC before it installs which is not idea when you have both drafting and engineers working on a project.