Create sample dwg

_banjo

Hi all

I am quite new to cad and need to create a sample dwg from my master drawing to send off. Can someone please advise me on how to do this?

Thank you in advance for any help!!

Do you want to send off a copy of the full drawing or just a portion of it?

Do you want to send an actual DWG file or perhaps a PDF?

Care to provide some further details?

By "send off" you mean email correct?

While in the drawing use saveas command, specify a name and location, you will be in the new drawing, erase anything you don't want in the sample drawing, save and send

While in the drawing use saveas command, specify a name and location, you will be in the new drawing, erase anything you don't want in the sample drawing, save and send

Thanks guys for the quick answers :) I want to email a small portion of a large drawing and email it as a DWG, so that my plotting settings are visible (transferred in the sample). I tried the save as command but it still saves all the layers making the drawing (drw) almost 4MB and I was looking for a smaller file of a couple of 100 kb. If that makes sense.

Thanks again for any reply!!

Thanks guys for the quick answers :) I want to email a small portion of a large drawing and email it as a DWG, so that my plotting settings are visible (transferred in the sample). I tried the save as command but it still saves all the layers making the drawing (drw) almost 4MB and I was looking for a smaller file of a couple of 100 kb. If that makes sense.

Thanks again for any reply!!

In the new (sample drawing) merely select everything that you don't want to send and erase it. Then run purge. purge will delete any unused layers, blocks and other things left over. Purge will not delete or erase anything associated with the objects that you do not erase.

If you want your plot settings to apply to the sample drawing, you probably will have to also send the plot style table that you are using, along with the drawing file. Well, this will not apply if you are using a standard AutoCAD plot style table that has not been modified. You will need to send the xxxxxx.ctb file. xxxxxx being whatever it is named, and ctb being the file extension.

If the size of the file is a problem, just zip or rar it up using one of the many available tools. AutoCAD files zip up quite efficiently and will take up only a fraction of the space.

If the size of the file is a problem, just zip or rar it up using one of the many available tools. AutoCAD files zip up quite efficiently and will take up only a fraction of the space.

Brilliant!! Thanks so much! That worked :D Thank you all for taking the time to answer my questions!!

You can also Purge a drawing.

This will delete all un-used layers, blocks, linetypes and more from a drawing, and is used when the user wants to save space.

I generally do a saveas on the file, then purge. Then I call it something like Towercrane_P1 for example.

How the user goes about this is down to the individual, or company where applicable.