Importing to Property Sets in Lisp.

sarah123

Hi,

I am very new to lisp and AutoCAD with no previous experience. I am working on a project which I’m finding pretty difficult. What I am trying to do is import attributes and properties associated with a sphere from a .csv file into the corresponding property set in AutoCAD. I found a solution online which will allow me to import the coordinates (x,y and z) and this works a treat. However, I am having difficulty trying to import attributes associated with the sphere into the extended data property sets. So say for example, I am trying to import the week number, a reference and a description in from the .csv file into AutoCAD, under properties and extended data. Would anyone have any guidance or direction they could give me?

Anything at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

I think there's a few places here which mention xdata. And then there's a few which mention CSV. Could you possibly explain a bit more? The coordinates is quite understandable (i.e. the centre point of the sphere), but by extended data that could mean lots of things (even some custom stuff). Is it possible you could attach a sample DWG so we can see exactly what you're after?

Why not create the sphere as a block it can simply then contain the extra data being added at creation as attributes

Edited by BIGAL