Door Schedules

addesigns

So, I am wondering if it is possible to have my door schedule saved so that when I create a new project I dont need to recreate it again and again. I have to add text parameters to my door schedule because the filed selection does not cut it. We like to show Leaf 1 and Leaf 2 for double doors. We also show other items that are not availabel so I add about 6 parameters.

Is there a way I can save this schedule so that I can just add it to a new project when I start one. Is there a way that I can get these parametes to show up in the door schedule by default so that when I start a new project they dont need to be created?

I don't know exactly what your end result is, so I'm going to give you a few possibilities.

• Create a Template file. You can do this by building the content you consistently use, and Save As > Template, which will save as a *.rte file.
  • Go to Insert Tab > Insert from File > Insert Views from File tool to import existing schedules from a previous Revit model.
  • Maintain a "sacrificial model" that is not a Template, but is a repository for certain items such as Schedules. It's a cache model, basically. This way you Template file remains clean and untarnished, and as you build things you want to save later, you can use the Insert from File tool to "save" them into the sacrificial model for later - giving you some type of organization, as well as some time to think about what you want to do with it later (approve it for the Template file, for instance).
  • Use Shared Parameters for all items that need to be scheduled. This will greatly increase your efficiency with schedules.
  • In a Template file or in your sacrificial cache model, go ahead and have your Sheet created with the schedule pre-built and on the sheet. This way when you need it, after you Insert it into your current model, if it's built with Shared Parameters (both the Family and the Schedule) then it will populate instantly.

Hope one or more of these help! :)

I will have to just create it in the arch template like you said. I am also wondering if there is a way to make a double door report each panel? My boss likes to have the door schedule show leaf 1 and leaf 2. If it is possible, Id lke to try it rather that create more parameters that are text. I dont like using Revit schedules and not having them smart.

I saw that you posted over at RFO (RevitForum.org) - those guys could help you better over there. I'm primarily MEP so I'm not the guy to ask when it comes to scheduling doors.

You'll get some great responses over there. :)