AutoCAD for Mac 2011 crash - anybody able to analyse crash report?

Lentezza

Hello,

I have this drawing causing CAD to crash over and over again (doesn´t crash with other drawings!)

Unfortunatly I am not able to understand what the crash report is telling me, or whether it could be of use for maybe removing the cause of them crashes.

Anybody can help???

Here is the report (had to split it in 3 for uploading):

Crash report1.doc

Crash report2.doc

Crash report3.doc

Cheeers

Len

Have you purged and audited the drawing?

BTW...that would be the version of the purge command with the dash in front of it like this: -purge. Purge Regapps, then go back and purge All. Then do an audit.

Have you tried to WBlock out the drawing?

What other steps have you taken so far?

Thanx ReMark!

Tried all the things you proposed, unfortunatly didn´t change the situation...

Before that I did´t try anything, apart from copying the whole drawing for pasting it into a new document. But the copying itself causes another crash...

I don´t know any other methods. So: further advice very welcome.

No problems here as the drawing opened fine on my system. I did run -purge (twice), overkill (once) and audit (once) before I started playing around with it. Used 3DOrbit with no problems.

What were you attempting to do when the problem first occurred? Maybe I can force the problem by repeating what you did.

Here is your drawing back minus a few bits. File size has been decreased a wee bit too.

I & L - Var 4.dwg

I´ve been trying a few things now and it looks like I found something. But it´s a bit weird...

The crashing occured when I was putting DIMLIN. Also with MEA. And as I said before when trying to copy the whole drawing (but copy and paste from one drawing to another has always been tricky on my system.)

Now I found that the crash happens only when working in a certain area of the drawing and also only when working in front view. (when I put the drawing in front view I have readable red measurement annotation on the lower left corner of the drawing.) When working in other parts of the drawing or when changing view to SE - no crashes.

Then I changed one of the objects in that zone (strechting a line or a corner) and after that I can do whatever I want, no more crashing. After that I even tried undo the change and the thing continued working. Closed the drawing without saving changes. Reopen. DIMLIN in the critical area of the drawing. Crash.

????????

However, if it keeps on working with the workaround I am happy enough.... Just a bit confused though....

You do realize that your dimensions are sitting in front of your 3D model don't you?

I think it crashes because of the method you are using to dimension your drawing.

Yes, I did realize that. I think the crashing happend also before I put that annotations in.

Anyways it would be good to know about a better method for dimensioning....

Apparently when you dimension your UCS is not on the face of your object.

Did you open and test my version of your drawing?

Why aren't you using Flatshot or the Base View command to create 2D views of your 3D object and dimensioning them instead?

The drawing does not crash when I open it so where does that leave us? The problem could be with your software or with your hardware.

The solution is not really satisfying on a learning level but it seems to be ok on a working level....

Always look on the bright side of

Thanx also about the hints about dimension and ucs!