My Quick object properties didn't show the the lineweight

Does anybody know how to expand the Quick Properties Tool? show that it will show lineweight and more stuff (See Pic), some drawing that i work with Quick properties show more features, but this drawing doesn't. Thanks.

QOJ.JPG

You need to set the properties which you wish to be displayed for the different entity types.

If you right click on the margin of the quick properties box and choose CUSTOMIZE,

you will be taken to the list as shown in the image, wherein you tell the software

what information you want for particular entity types, when they are selected.

If you choose SETTINGS in the right click menu, you can set how the display will

work, static, cursor location driven, self collapsing, etc.

I swear by QUICK PROPERTIES, they save me tons of time, and tell me exactly what I choose to be told, about any or all entity types. :)

When you have some spare time, work all the way through the entity type list and set them up. If there are some which do not interest you, or are not needed in your work, you can give them a pass. You can also specify the QP only report on entities for which these display items have been specified, as opposed to reporting on everything.

customizing your quick properties display.jpg

Edited by Dadgad

That's Awesome, It also has the dim scale overall (Most of dimstyle feature) that i customized and imported in my QP. QP is very handy for me when i am working with alot of lines and geometries i can change the color and text size quickly. One thing i want to learn how to do is to set up my auto cad profile so that all my settings will remain the way i want every time i start the new drawings. Thanks for your advice.

Probably the best way to do what you describe is by creating a custom template (a .dwt file), which can contain

all of your typical conventions, layers, table, dim, text styles, etc.

Just save a representative example of your work, after looking over it very carefully, with SAVE AS, and specify that

it be saved as a .DWT file. You can then set this template (.dwt file) to be your default QNEW template file.

You do that in your OPTIONS, on the FILES tab.

In the Template directory which you will find there.

My QP display for rotated dimensions is pretty over the top, as I frequently want to finesse dimensions, and have all my most used options at hand, for editing on the fly.

ROTATED DIMENSIOJN QP DISPLAY.jpg

I agree with you, It will keep the drawings consistant and big time saver not to go in the dimension style to create everything from skecth again. Thanks

Probably the best way to do what you describe is by creating a custom template (a .dwt file), which can contain

all of your typical conventions, layers, table, dim, text styles, etc.

Just save a representative example of your work, after looking over it very carefully, with SAVE AS, and specify that

it be saved as a .DWT file. You can then set this template (.dwt file) to be your default QNEW template file.

You do that in your OPTIONS, on the FILES tab.

In the Template directory which you will find there.

My QP display for rotated dimensions is pretty over the top, as I frequently want to finesse dimensions, and have all my most used options at hand, for editing on the fly.

Well, it's not necessarily a 'quick' look through of the properties. :lol:

Definitely might upgrade my QP to use these features. :beer: