Limits

woodmaster

Hello, Few years back our instructor in CAD teaches 'limits' since then i never use limits in all of my drawings. One thing i notice though is when i zoom extents my object seems so big and sometimes i can't use Pan command so what i did is to make a very long line just to make my object small..

* Does setting up limits a must before starting a job? :D:D:D

Thank you

Forget LIMITS. If you have trouble with the Pan tool getting "stuck" just type RE at the command line to REGEN the drawing space, then you can continue to Pan to your hearts desire. Limits were once needed in AutoCAD but now it's not, unless you're an old timer still using R12 or something, haha.

Welcome to the forum. 8)

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

Styk's response is (as usual) :beer: right on the money, hardly anybody uses Limits anymore.

If you don't NEED them? Don't use them.

The whole idea of zoom extents is to zoom to show you everything in your model or paperspace.

In so doing it will make everything as large as it possibly can while fitting it on your screen.

If this bugs you, you could just create a rectangle to define the area which you want to see when you zoom extents.

How do you ZOOMEXTENTS? Hopefully by double clicking on your mouse wheel, as it is the fastest way. :)