AutoCAD 2013 will not recognize PGP file

adrath

I recently got an upgraded computer at work, with AutoCAD 2013 installed. I also have Civil 3D 2013 and AutoCAD 2012. Here is the problem that I am having, and it only happens in AutoCAD 2013. All of the other versions I have are fine: when I type a command Alias (like 'l' for line or 'm' for move) AutoCAD tells me that it doesn't recognize the command. I can, however, key-type the entire command and it will recognize that.

So...I used "Aliasedit" to check my command aliases. A dialogue box came up asking me to find the .pgp file, which I did (and it was in the correct place). I hit apply and it tells me that the .pgp file has been updated. But the aliases still will not work. I tried a reinit, and comes back with the message "dialogs are not available because DCL files are not loaded."

I tried typing (findfile "acad.pgp") and AutoCAD just returns "nil" as the result.

I also tried (load "acad") and (load "adt") because I saw these in an AUGI forum where someone was describing a similar issue. Neither of these worked.

Finally, I had IT uninstall and re-install AutoCAD last night. When I went to test it out this morning, I am still having the same issue! Has anyone ever encountered something like this before? Any ideas on what might be causing it/how I might be able to fix it?

Nevermind. The problem has been resolved. Apparently, it had something to do with the fact that IT installed AutoCAD 2013 from a profile other than mine. We tried another re-install with shared control of my computer under my profile and it works just fine now.