Elective civil drafting 2-3

solo8591

Rmark I did attached the PDF text for this problem too the pages start from 40 to 45

God this will be a lot of help Remark, you don't believe it how much I appreciated. I put everything there for you to see it and walk me from there

Thanks again .

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• solo8591

• ReMark

• Organic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, I am here but only briefly. I'm working today so my time will be limited.

What is the nature of your question?

Right now it is 6:41 a.m. on Saturday morning (Oct. 12th).

I just wondering if you walk me through as usual on the project I posted on this conversation because you are one of the nicest person I seen in this fourm, you hve been helping a lot of people and I was witnessed that, that is why I posted my all info for you to look @it.

THANKS REMARK

Edited by solo8591
ADD WORD

I'm far from the nicest person here at CADTutor and any number of forum members will attest to that.

I'll try to look at your drawing in the next hour or so (5:58 a.m., Tuesday October 15th). In the meantime do you have any specific questions?

I took a quick look at your drawing and I have some questions and concerns.

You have some contours (color: white, layer: new contour line) that extend into SW Ash Creek Drive and just stop. Contours don't abruptly end like this. They should terminate at an existing contour of the same elevation.

Many of the contour lines that appear on the new contour line layer are comprised of a straight line segment and a portion of a circle. Where these two entities meet up there are many instances in which the arc is not tangent to the line. This is unacceptable. I would suggest using the Circle command and TTR (tan-tan-radius) option to transition from an existing contour into a new contour.

Speaking of contours....as a rule, they generally do not come to sharp points as a number of your's do.

Contours do not cross each other. For example, you have a 90 contour (color: yellow) crossing a 92 contour (color: red).

Contours do not run through structures like houses.

Generally speaking it is not a good practice to overwrite your geometry with text. To block the geometry use a Text Mask.

What's the deal with the new building contours (color: blue)? I did not have time to read through the PDF.

The size of your text is a bit large. Is that what is called for in the instructions? It is so large that when you show the driveway to be 12 feet wide you have no room to include arrowheads.

Your property line appears be of the Continuous linetype. Isn't it supposed to be a long line, two short dashes, followed by a long line (similar to a Phantom linetype)?

I'll end my comments here for the moment.

Edited by ReMark

Ok I will fix those areas I know exactly what you said , I just put the contour lines to see if i locate them in the right spot , i didn't do any trimmig or adjustment on thos one .and see the other areas when you get chance too.

Thanks Remark as always.

Everyone was criticized about my question on this project ,by saying that I wasnt clear on the area where I didn't get it . well I put all my drawing and the booklet up there for you guys to look at it and see the instraction with that too, that way you able to correct the drawing and post it back, that way I can learn and see where and what I meased. Already I did all the main work I just got confused on the centerline profiling and the contours areas. I don't see somebody do that to help. So please go a head and do that whoever has the idea of this project or want to help and make this project a sucesse.

Thanks Much.

Everyone was criticized about my question on this project ,by saying that I wasnt clear on the area where I didn't get it . well I put all my drawing and the booklet up there for you guys to look at it and see the instraction with that too, that way you able to correct the drawing and post it back, that way I can learn and see where and what I meased. Already I did all the main work I just got confused on the centerline profiling and the contours areas. I don't see somebody do that to help. So please go a head and do that whoever has the idea of this project or want to help and make this project a sucesse.

Thanks Much.

Sorry, although no one is going to correct the drawing for you. If you don't think something is correct, then ask whether it is and how YOU can fix it. Don't just ask for someone to fix it straight up.

I think no body knows how or have clue on this project, wow it is amezing .

Anyway ,thanks for your effort in this matter .

Edited by solo8591
word fix

I reviewed the drawing you posted and provided some initial feedback as per your request. You have yet to indicate whether you made the necessary changes nor have you asked any follow up questions. We aren't mind readers. If you have a question then ask. Anyways, it seems you are ending your participation here so I have no choice but to do the same. Good luck in your endeavors.

I think no body knows how or have clue on this project, wow it is amezing .

Anyway ,thanks for your effort in this matter .

I thought the discussion was finished after you posted

God bless

ok

If you still have questions, then ask them although you need to be more specific.

This has been bothering me so I came back.

Given that this project is an "elective" and that to get to this point you would have had to do all the other projects including a civil project that was very much like this one I would think you would know how to create a centerline profile. Basically it is the plotting of elevations along the centerline of the driveway. The elevations in this case are derived from the contours that intersect with the driveway's centerline. In the case of this project your contour interval is every two feet starting down by SW Ash Creek Drive and heading east. You also have stationing along this centerline so you know how long it is (635.68 feet). You can pick off your elevations (ex. - 72, 74, 76, etc.) relative to the driveway stationing to accurately locate them in your profile. Just image you have sliced the driveway down the middle, erased the side closest to you, then turned the driveway on its side so you can see the grade/elevation of the driveway.

I'm not exactly sure of what your question is regarding the contours. Sorry.

I downloaded the Elective Assignments PDF file and started reading the section for the Civil Project. On page 41, when talking about Plate 2-3, the instructions specifically refer to another document which we (members of this forum) do not have access to. I quote now from the instructions. "For an example of how to draft these features on Plate 2-3, refer to figure 22-49 on page 20 of your Civil Drafting study guide." So Penn-Foster has provide you, the student, with an example of what they want you to do. If this example still leaves the student with questions then he/she should contact their instructor. I just don't have the time to go through this entire project as between work and home I already have plenty to do. You are taking the course, not us, so we are not about to draw this out for you and hand you a copy for comparison.

Edited by ReMark

CivilElect plate2-3 CL profile1.jpg

My driveway centerline profile based on existing contours.

The horizontal and vertical scales are the same given the fact the grade goes from an approximate elevation of 73 at SW Ash Creek Drive (station 0+00) up to an elevation of 108 before descending to a final elevation of 98 at station 6+35.68.

I have 100 foot stationing across the bottom. I have the elevations in 10 foot intervals along the side.

The instructions for creating the centerline profile seem pretty clear to me although I may have varied it just slightly (ex. - neglected to place tick marks at 25 foot intervals). The colors are of my own choosing.

CivilElect plate2-3 CL profile2.jpg

A closeup of one portion of the centerline profile.

The green vertical lines are my temporary offsets for distances between contours as defined by the centerline of the road. The light gray horizontal lines are set at 2 foot intervals while the white horizontal lines are set at 10 foot intervals.

CivilElect plate2-3 CL profile3.jpg

I believe this is what the proposed centerline profile would look like superimposed over the existing. I am referring to the dark blue line.